summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, May 31, 2021

so much thankfulness for the land of the free and the home of the brave....

 Oh what a blessing to live in such a wonderful country!  I was telling Samuel and Jonathan today about going to Normandy when we went to France a few years back.  We had one completely free day, and Paul asked what I wanted to do.  We could go to Paris....Paris!  Who doesn't want to go to Paris?!  Or, we could go to...Normandy.  Well, as soon as I had this thought:  I will go to Normandy, it's the least I can do, to honor all the mothers who weren't able to visit their sons' final resting places.....there was no Paris for me.  (We drove through it, and flew into and out of it, spent one night there in the airport hotel, and no, it's not really experiencing the city, but.). 

What a day it is for us, to be thankful for those who fought so we can be free.

We had a good weekend, I enjoyed having Sam and Grant here.  


Two of my patriotic kids, Jon and Sam.

Grant...
Grant and Wulf...cousins.

Raindrops on roses...from the other day, in our garden.
Miss Evelyn Joy...
Suri and Sunny, so cute.
Mr. Grant, keeping busy.
Samuel...

Paul and I went to Bass Pro shop today, he needed some fishing stuff.  I just gazed at these fish swimming around while he chose what he needed, because, boring!

We went to the greenhouses and chose some plants:  tomatoes, grape tomatoes, spaghetti squash, summer squash, butternut squash...we planted radish seeds too, and two blueberry bushes, just Paul and I.  Sonja, Jon, Charlotte Claire, and Camille went to help Margaret and Adrian move into their house.  (Sam and I helped them a bit last night, to clean up the floors after they had installed new flooring...Sam watched the kids!  He brought baby Tennyson, Wulf, and Grant to the playground.).  Sam and Grant had to leave today for the long ride back to Virginia.  The girls came home from helping Margaret, and are at a picnic at Emily, Abigail, and Mariel's house.  Jon went to his friends' house.  So it's just the two of us.  Suzanne came over for a bit today.  Molly and little Ophelia also came over for a little while.

Dinner:  Paul grilled some steaks from our part-of-a-cow, oh mmm they were good, lots of salt and coarse ground pepper.  I made some simple salads to eat with them, with some fresh strawberries.  

The pool has been misbehaving, leaking!  We think it's the filter, and Paul figured out a way to outsmart it, we hope.  It's not a good time to have pool problems, the parts are harder to find.  Wait, it's NEVER a good time for pool problems.  It's never a good time for any trials, good thing we aren't in charge ha.

Samuel is coming up again from Virginia, on Wednesday, for an Army drill weekend.  We will only see him in the evenings, but it'll be nice!  They are going to have a new baby sister for little Grant in August, can't wait to meet her.

The school year is winding down, and we are very excited for summertime....





3 comments:

Terri D said...

Whew! I love reading about your family and all you do. Always so impressed with all you do. Hope the pool filter fix holds for you!! Keep us posted! xo

Linda said...

grinning....thank you Della. I hope you have a beautiful rest of the week.

Michelle said...

So many grandchildren to keep up with now! :) That must be a lot of fun for the little ones to have so many cousins to play with. I grew up with lots of cousins (my grandmom had 16 surviving children, she lost a few more babies to illnesses, sadly). We’re all scattered around the country now and I don’t see them much, but our family is so huge with all the new children/grandchildren that I’ve lost count, lol. It was so fun growing up with all those cousins though!