summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 28, 2022

checking in....

 There's a break between snow bands, so I should get a-movin', but oh my chair is comfy and it's so cold out!  But, there are things to do and places to go...I need to get a few things from the store, drop off some things to some who are quarantined.  One of my older kids who tested positive had to go into the E.R. last evening, but is home again, and doing better.  Many are experiencing mildness with the new variant, but it can be harsh too...and it can be scary.  

Also there's something wrong with my car...it was shaking like crazy last evening...not sure what's wrong, yet.  So I'll be driving the truck today, thankfully we have two vehicles.

I think it's a good time for some random thankfulness:

1.  Having pets is a giant pain in the rear.  Suri ate her food too fast yesterday, and yakked.  On the floor.  So I'm thankful we have those plastic gloves I stocked up on when I thought we would need them for the pandemic, which is hilarious now.

2.  Having pets is also a huge blessing.  They are hilarious, the kitties randomly pounce on each other, cuddle up together, and the way the pups greet the kitties, sniffing and giving them a lick on the nose, wagging the tails...and there's nothing like a dog who is happy to see you....and they always are!  Run down the hall to use the bathroom, come back to the living room, and wag wag wag!

3.  Coffee, although I'm  trying to cut back, make it less strong, because I think it really bothered my stomach when I was sick, drinking it black like that.  Now it also seems to make my heart pound harder, so less is more, wah, I do love it though.  Decaf will be my friend ha.

Off I go....before the snow comes again....







8 comments:

Kara said...

I use gloves every time I need to cut or touch raw meat. We keep a box under the kitchen sink for this purpose.

Unknown said...

Hi Della πŸ‘‹ I’m sorry to hear one of your kids was sick enough to go to the ER πŸ˜” That’s no fun. I hope all is much better real soon.

Yes dogs can be a pain in the rear sometimes! When I had Bindi out for her romp yesterday she was running everywhere in the bushes and all over having a great time, but she was chewing on bit of wood and bark and sure enough last night barfed in her bed 😩😩😩😩😩😩 So I’m washing her mattress cover and blankets 😬😬😬😬Yuk!!! But yes I wouldn’t be without her. They are soooo happy to see s even when we go to put the garbage out and come back πŸ₯° Sorry about the coffee upsetting things. I always need that shot of caffeine in the morning too.

I’m off now too. Meeting friends for lunch. 😊😊

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Joybells said...

You are so pretty, Della! I hope your errands go well and that everyone who is sick gets better soon.

Joy from Salem

Terri D said...

Stay warm up there!!

Diana said...

Any time my car chakes, it's low tires. Put the air in 'em and it's all good. Except right now, 'cause we have three bad tires. Oiy. Tires are so expensive... that's our food money that the tires would be taking away. Gotta figure that one out before they blow. I remember dog yak lol. Not pleasant. I think all of us have a small fortune in plastic gloves now lol. Be safe and be blessed, Della!

Just Me said...

The car might be shaking because of ice packed in the wheels. If the ice thaws it could resolve the problem.

Linda said...

Listen, you have to give yourself time to recover from the virus. Things will not be the same for a while, Della. As for the car-ice might be impacted in the wheels. smiles

16 blessings'mom said...

Kara, that's smart. I've found them extremely handy to have around.
Marilyn, oh dear!!!! They're so smart, yet so dumb, ha. I hope you had a nice lunch!
Joy, thank you!
Terri, we are not staying warm...we were out a bit yesterday, brr, and -3 this morning!
Diana, oh no, when it rains it pours...I thought tires were the shaking culprit, but I do think it's ice buildup.
Just Me, I do think you're right. Paul brought it to the car wash and it's a little better, but it's so freezing here, we'll have to see when things start to thaw...
Linda...I know. Thank you. And yes, I think it's ice. I hope so, that would be a very good solution!