summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 7, 2022

the covid saga: the plot thickens!

 Paul now has a scratchy throat and isn't feeling well.  I was hoping he would sail through this Round Two, but apparently not.  It's running rampant in our county.  Here are the latest local numbers:


Less are hospitalized than yesterday, so that's a good sign, 12 vaccinated and 9 unvaccinated.  

So our new little vortex of sickness came from a few directions at the same time, we don't know who to blame for it (although according to my kind reader Pat, it is all my fault)(sorry, can't NOT be snarky!).  Imagine if everyone who got sick tried to figure out who they got it from, and blamed them...here in our little county in rural New York State, the vaccinated are getting new cases WAY more, and are hospitalized more too, but you won't see me finger pointing, no, we are all God's people.  :)  

Margaret and Adrian, Evelyn, and the little boys came over yesterday and we made chicken soup, with the bread Margaret made.  They have been afflicted by the same sickness, a few days ahead of us, the boys a much milder version that only lasted a few days each.  

We surprised Margaret with an absolutely beautiful new violin, ( which Emily and Mariel pitched in for too), because she had an old student violin, and is very gifted in playing.  She was stunned, she took it out of the case, and it would make you cry, how beautifully she can play it.  The tone is so rich, just wonderful.  Camille got her violin out, and they played for a few hours!  

So I had a low grade fever again in the night, and am stuffy, ears very full, making me dizzy.  I have a bit of a cough, but not really deep in the chest, more in the throat, like cough a few times, clear things up, and it's better.  Overall, I think I'm getting better.  I managed to do this yesterday:

Covid cookies, anyone?

The thing is, I know this is a serious illness, that the original version was quite harsh, and I know that some of my dear readers have suffered tremendous losses from Covid, and I don't want to be lighthearted and undermine that.  But it seems this newer Omnicron is much milder, and some see it almost as a gift:  providing antibodies without attacking the lungs.  

Anyway.  The lazy dogs are snoring away, the little fake heater is humming away, comforting me with it's little fake flames, and the snow is falling like a snow globe outside.  The house is bright with the snow, and it's nice in here.  I know there are cookies out there, but I have not eaten any, not even a taste of the batter when I made them.  I made them for the kids, and they loved them.  They liked the ones with no chocolate chips, just sprinkles, best.  

I'm still on my first cup of coffee, as I got a late start today, don't hate me, I totally went back to bed this morning.  I got up at six, got dressed, brought my pillow out here to the living room, put a sheet and comforter on the couch, and bam, fell back to sleep.  I had to get up and do some coughing, and then was tired again, I guess.  It felt fantastic to just be lazy though.  

It's not a good blogging day for me.  I keep getting distracted...maybe I'll try again later...




8 comments:

Shirley in Washington said...

Keep resting and drinking fluids! Your body needs rest to recover. I am so glad you are able to get up and do a few things and then rest. I am praying for you and your family. Blessings, Shirley

Mum said...

I don't often comment, but as a long time reader, I love your honesty and reflection.

Anyways, I hope you all are well soon and please don't feel the need to apologise for seeing as you see. That is the best any of us can do and I see you continually trying to support, learn, love and grow.

Covid has become such a contentious subject and I wish it wasn't so divisive. I don't enjoy the extended uncertainty...

Anyways, get well soon and keep being wonderfully you.

16 blessings'mom said...

Shirley, thank you so much!
Mum, awww, thank you!

Mari said...

I don't think anyone needs to be pointing fingers right now - it's all over. I heard on the radio this morning that they keep saying it's a pandemic of the unvaccinated, but they neglect to say how many vaccinated are in the hospital. This host said it's 80%.
Anyway - feel better!

Terri D said...

There is no way to know where the darn thing comes from. Ridiculous to try to point fingers. I am glad you are all getting through it at home and seem to be handling it okay. Your cookies always look yummy! Continue to take care and feel the love and prayers sent your way.

Anonymous said...

You never take into account the percentage of vaccinated population VS unvaccinated. Where I live, unvaccinated people are 8%of the adult population but make up 21%of positive results, 42 %of those admitted in hospitals, 56%of those admitted in intensive care units and 42% of the death. So way more than their share... If it's the same where you are, the numbers presented are telling another story than what it appears at first glance. Get well soon!

16 blessings'mom said...

Terri, I know. It's just a shame to be ridiculed and shamed for a medical decision. I am super sensitive to meds, drugs, ect. I cannot take even Sudafed or my heart races, same with Pepto-, nasal allergy meds, ect. I had a trip to the ER once for just being on Ciprofloxin, it totally messed with my heart. I cannot tolerate alcohol anymore, any more than a small amount. In the beginning of this mess, I did consider getting vaccinated, but something held me back, I had no peace about it.
Anonymous, thank you, our county's vax rate seems to be around 60% with at least one jab.

Susan said...

Well Della, I guess when you put yourself out there you will always find some critics. I love you and your blog, you have taught me a great deal about life and how to navigate it. You have been a special blessing to me.♥️♥️♥️Susan