summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

covid, again?

Once upon a time, last March, some people in our house tested positive, and Paul got very sick with Covid-19.  It's like a bad dream to have it descend into your home, with all the doom and gloom surrounding it.   There was still such a stigma then, that if you got Covid, you were guilty of living life like a normal person, which is selfish.  One of my readers pointed out, "you deserve it."  ouch.  That hurt, because it hurt my heart already to see my dear husband so sick....(but I DID go to Florida FOUR times last year...and California, and Oregon...:))

I never got Covid in March, but I was pretty certain I had had a mild case the year before, when everything was just starting up, when I arrived back from a trip to California.  

And now, a few of us are sick.  There is some coughing, and there are some fevers, and it isn't fun.  Do we deserve it?   Probably, as we were living our lives. 

We don't know if it's Covid, but we are staying home and hopefully we'll recover and not get worse and find ourselves unable to breathe, it's a bit scary.   

Our day has been a cozy one.  Paul installed a new door in the girls' bedroom, because Sunny chewed through the bottom of theirs like last year.  We shivered and hunkered under blankets, and Paul built a roaring fire in the wood burning stove, mmm.  We felt better and took down the rest of the Christmas stuff, except for a few little pine trees, and the cozy white lights.  I heated up some ham and mashed potatoes from yesterday, and made stuffing, for a warm and yummy dinner. (yesterday)

We're kind of thinking we have the dreaded C in the house, the ones who are sick now were not sick last March.  It's been a back and forth kind of thing, I felt pretty good yesterday, then was feverish again last night, freezing cold with the chills.  My lungs are mostly clear, just a mild cough.  I've been taking zinc with quercetin, vitamins c and d (with K2), (along with my usual Omega 3 fish oil, magnesium glycinate, potassium), and I did take two doses of ivermectin.  

So this could be just a flu, or it could be THE flu, in any case we seem to be doing all right.  None have lost taste or smell, but haven't had big appetites either.  My coffee still tastes good...so I'm a happy camper.

So yes, one person is positive, so onto the rocky road we traverse....Charlotte will have some days off from school, Paul already works from home, Sonja is on break from college and will not be going to work, ect ect.  We're hunkered here, sniffling.  

I'm having hot tea with ginger and local honey, after some sugar free chocolate pudding with some sugar free whipped cream, after a dinner homemade mac and cheese (I had fresh cauliflower, with some of the cheese sauce, in the air fryer (line a Corelle bowl with foil, spray with cooking spray, minimal cleanup!)...we also had popcorn chicken in the air fryer.  Simple comfort foods.  It's a good thing we have a supply, we have rice and pasta and meat in the freezer.

Now, we just have to buckle up and hold on tight....it's been up and down already, I felt fine this morning after having a feverish night, now I feel awful again.  I'm not achy or anything, just my throat hurts and my ears feel plugged, and when I cough, it kills my throat.  The tea is helping though.    

Wah wah wah, right?  

Sam and Grace went home after two days here, I think they might have already been exposed because they arrived late Wednesday, Sam was  sick by Thursday, and I started having a sore throat on Thursday...well, a little Wednesday, but thought it was just allergies, or general stuffiness.  Sam had fevers here in the night Thursday and Friday, then drove back to Virginia on Saturday, thankfully missing all the horrible snowbound highway mess.  They're sick, now little Ruth is sick too.  It's hard for my soul, my heart, hate to see the little ones sick.

Oh, this is what Jonathan did on New Years Eve, climbed New York's tallest mountain....in the snow...they camped out, too.


All right....off I go, keep safe and healthy, and happy new year!!!!


11 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Della I’m so sorry you are all sick πŸ˜” Lots of fluids and what you are doing. Rest, rest, rest………..Poor little Ruth too. So sad and scary. Let’s hope you are all up and dancing real soon! 😊😊

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Shirley in Washington said...

I am so sorry you are not feeling well! Praying for you and your family to get better quickly with no complications. Blessings, Shirley

16 blessings'mom said...

Awww, thank you, Marilyn, I hope to be dancing soon, and thank you Shirley!

Blods said...

Hope you all get well soon Della. No one ever deserves to get sick xxx

Susan said...

Della I am Lifting you and your family up in prayer.♥️♥️♥️😘

Carol said...

Sorry you are sick. I pray that it is not COVID and if so, that it is a mild case. I had it a few months ago and I was vaccinated. Living life does not make you deserve this illness. It is a virus, just like the flu, and most will have it at some point. I have heard the flu will be bad this year as many were not vaccinated for it last year and being in so much did not allow our bodies to build antibodies. I am doing zinc and elderberry regularly as I believe in both of them.

Billie Jo said...

I hope you all feel better, my friend. It is so hard to know anymore even with a sniffle! Is it THE flu? Or the flu? Around here Bronchitis is also going around. You have the right idea. Snuggle in and rest. Hugs!

16 blessings'mom said...

You all are so kind, I come here to check the comments and it's so heartwarming to read them, thank you. I haven't taken elderberry, Carol, but I do take zinc, with quercitin, as it's supposed to help the zinc into the cells to battle viruses. One of the kids took an at-home test, and it blazed positive for Covid within seconds....

Anonymous said...

Aw, hope you feel better soon. Sorry to hear this.
Valerie

Katie said...

I hope you’re all feeling a bit better!

Fingers crossed for those of you getting sick now- if this is the new variant it’s supposedly milder so hopefully you’re not suffering too much.

1/3 tests are coming back positive in NYC (where I live and work) so it seems inevitable. I think we’ve all moved on past the “you deserve it” mindset. At least I can hope so.

I’ll be thinking of you guys and hopefully some are well enough to keep the sick ones supplied with soup, popsicles and 7up!

Terri D said...

I am so sorry so many are sick. Hoping it is anything but covid. You are right to hunker down and try to get through it. Prayers lifted. Keep us posted and keep taking care! xo