summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

driving through the bands....

 When you live south of Lake Ontario, the snow can be very unpredictable.  If you drive straight south for 15 miles, chances you'll go from a blizzard to sunshine, then back to a blizzard.  The roads were treacherous, with low visibility, then wait a minute, it's clearing:  ahh, sunshine.  Tonight it's dropping down to one degree Fahrenheit, -17C.   

This fine morning, Miss Elise joined me for a few hours while her mama went to an appointment.  We played dollhouse, we played miniatures (Calico Critters/Little Woodzeez), then we played Candyland.  She's good company for being four years old, I enjoyed it.  




I also like playing with the toys, so it was a win/win.

Camille and I had to pick Miss Charlotte Claire up from school, and off we went to the dentist, later in the day.   Two little girls with nice clean teeth and no cavities, and new toothbrushes.   We decided to go into Wegmans while we were in the city, because...Wegmans!  I always get my paper towels from Wegmans...their brand is good.  Well, $15.99 now for the big pack!  Ouch.  I decided to change the way we clean things up around here.  I'm going to weed out some old towels, cut them into sixths or so, and create a special hamper for them, just wash them with bleach every few days.  We can still use paper towels for some things, but just try to use fewer.  We got ginger seltzer, pasta sauce, parchment paper, Ezekial raisin bread, and the girls picked out a muffin.  

Home...ah home.  I browned up some burger and made taco meat, cut up peppers, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and got out the sour cream, salsa, and Mexican cheese....taco salad!  

In a little while, I am leaving for Activity Club!  phew.... 

3 comments:

Mari said...

You had a busy day - and a cute little playmate!

Linda said...

Yep, same here with the snow thoughts. You can leave our street in a blizzard and drive around the corner and nothing. ANYWAYS, so glad you got a playdate with Ms. Elise. smiles

I hope you have a beautiful day and oh, I see the NY courts are playing around again with people's lives, back to masks again. This madness will never end.

16 blessings'mom said...

She is cute, little Miss Elise...I hadn't seen her in a month, and she lives ten minutes away! We were sick here, and they avoided us, rightly so, but it's still so hard!
Linda, Ms. Ho, aka Mother Gothel, is having just the time of her life.