summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, January 6, 2022

...sick sick sick....

 ...Silly Sammy Slick, sipped six sodas and got sick sick sick...

Dr. Seus...

First of all, I do want to apologize for the snarky tone of yesterday's post.  There was something in it that just didn't sit well with me.  I have such nice blog readers, and from now on, that's who I address.  So what if one or two or three people had comments I didn't appreciate way last year, who cares, let it go, and be nice.  That's one of my new New Year's resolutions, as of right this minute.  

I honestly don't mind when people chime in and beg to differ, because that's what makes the world go around, when we listen to each other and respect each other and learn new things.  

Anyway, having the dreaded virus in the house is not fun, nor is it actually unfun.   I mean, picture this:  Sonja, Jon, Charlotte Claire, Camille (in her big fluffy Christmas robe and new slippers, it's as if we KNEW she was going to get sick, and prepared with the perfect apparel!  Jonathan also got a new robe, he looks spiffy, right with the fever!)...anyway, all of us, eating our dinner in the living room of piping hot homemade Mac and cheese (oh, my cauliflower and cheese was Devine!  I also had a few spoons of the Mac and cheese, and yup, nailed it!), and our popcorn chicken from the air fryer, watching a few episodes of Psyche!, under our blankies...not too shabby.  

Sonja has downloaded SIMS! onto her laptop, the girls take turns building their little houses and families...I was feverish last night, dozing on the couch, and they were talking about a baby that wouldn't eat and might die, and I thought it was something real....thankfully not.

I will mention that my throat hurt like the devil, it hurt to cough, but I couldn't NOT cough, I spiked another fever in the night, and felt the absolute worst yet, this morning.  I almost fainted when I got to head to the bathroom.  I didn't even get coffee, just got back on the couch under the covers for a few hours...if you know me at all, you'll know that this is not normal.  I usually have coffee-on-the-brain as soon as I open my eyes...

I do have my coffee now, and feel a bit better, but shh, I got up and vacuumed, because I feel like I need to intermittently move around...I feel like I ran a marathon, not that I know what that feels like.  It's back and forth, like the bunny hop, two steps forward, one step back.  

So we will make the best of things, and I am thankful we are doing as well as we are.  I'm holding on to the hope that this new variant is milder, and that I'll be fine.  I know that the very hairs of my head are numbered, and that not a sparrow falls from the sky without our heavenly Father's knowledge.  I know that He sends all things for the very best for those who love Him, and that there is so much to learn in it all.  "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall attain mercy...".  

So I am extremely thankful for so many things.

...and, here's the daily press release from our county, which has 76,576 people...looks like officially, one in six have had positives....

...so from this update, which I didn't make up, I simply took a screen shot from the county's official webpage report...14 of the 24 hospitalizations are vaccinated, more than double of the new cases are vaccinated...it's baffling.   All vaccine talk aside, it's almost criminal how early treatments have been discouraged and criminalized.  I'm not going to get in to all of that today, because I don't feel so great, would I feel better right now if I had been vaccinated?  We simply don't know.    

But, thankfully, here in the U.S.A, we still have freedom to decide for ourselves, to think for ourselves, and to speak out for what we believe in....thank you all for your kind comments and prayers...


16 comments:

Joybells said...

I'm sorry you guys are sick, Della. Sounds like you are definitely making the best of it, with all the coziness and togetherness. Prayers and best wishes for a quick recovery!

Joy from Salem

Anonymous said...

Our family has been sick- the majority of them were over it within a few days, but I'm still down wrapped in my blanket on the couch. Nobody has taken a test, but like you said,this is not normal for me to have zero energy and sit around all day. I did a load of dishes and had to return to the couch. Praying we all get better soon. Hugs.
Valerie

16 blessings'mom said...

Thank you Joy..
Valerie, I know, I do one or two things, and boom. It's a real roller coaster ride. Hope you get better soon and that your family can help keep things from getting too out of control...I always hated that double whammy of being sick, getting behind, and having to catch up when you still felt awful....it's not easy being The Mom, hugs to you!

Unknown said...

I’m so sorry you feel so awful 😞 Just rest as that’s the best way to get better…………..how is Sam and his family doing? Hopefully they are on the mend. This will help make you feel better……yesterday here it was -38C with the windchill 😱😱πŸ₯ΆπŸ₯ΆπŸ₯Ά AWFUL!!! Better today and by next week it could be zero 😳😳

Take care all of you……..rest, rest, rest……Tylenol and lots of water and tea πŸ₯°

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Mari said...

I don't think you are snarky! :)
I'm sorry you guys are sick. I had it last year and it was no fun. I remember having that ran a marathon feeling too. Praying you are soon back to yourself!

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, my son-in-law hails from Winnipeg, and he was telling me how cold it is up there! BRRRRR! Thank you, I will try to rest up!
Sam and Grace are sick, Margaret and Adrian had it in their fam, still aren't feeling great, but were able to visit us because we all have the same thing at the same time...we made chicken soup together, the eleven of us... Mari, it's a rough one, for sure!

Betty said...

So sorry to hear you have many sick, sounds like u are doing all the right treatments. I had it was sick for 3 days only worst part was quarantine. Now though I have natural immunity praise God without putting unknown "medicine" in my body. Will keep you and family in prayers.

Terri D said...

I didn't think your post was snarky. I am praying for you all and hope none of you get worse than you are. This horrid disease needs to be over. Keep us posted on how you are doing! xo

Pat said...

Hello, as a healthcare worker I don't do nice anymore. We have 9000 positive covid results here in my state. A 13 year old died today from this scourge as you snuggle with your tea and de-wormer. You are the problem with this country, you listen to idiots who claim to be medical experts and you are oblivious to the whirlwind that surrounds you. Rather than be a mother who surrounds and protects her offspring you defy and ridicule what your babies need. A strong, powerful mother force would rise challenge and protect what we have created. I have only produced two babies, but I encourage them to mask, vaccinate boost and mask again in order to protect their lives. You are anathema to all that is good and kind, the fact that your grand babies are now sick and suffering because YOU refuse to vaccinate is beyond comprehension. I pray for you and your lack of basic Christian kindness. This is Pat who called your husband out for wearing that obscene "Let's go Brandon" Tshirt. Which you know means " F.... Joe Biden" Good luck in your journey, you don't deserve to be sick, no one does but there are sound evidence based resources out there that could save you and your family.

Linda said...

I don't ever think your being snarky...I am so sorry that you're sick...and don't even get me going on the non-treatments here in NY. I will keep you all in prayer, Della. Sending you much love my friend.

American Housewife said...

Your crew is just getting a natural immunity update! :) I remember well how awful and horrible the cold and flu was before we gave them names too.

Martha said...

I have been at home since Wednesday. Whether or not this is the big C I do not know for sure. If so, it's very mild, but losing my sense of smell and having a diminished sense of taste has led me to play it safe even though I keep testing negative. (When do poop filled diapers not smell at all?) I did get vaccinated (JJ) back in August and I have been faithfully taking my vitamins for the past couple of years so who knows?

I sure hope you are back on your feet again soon and feeling better. Be snarky if you feel the need and get plenty of rest. I love you.

16 blessings'mom said...

Now Pat, play nice. The fact that my grandchildren are sick is in no way MY fault. My son is fully "vaccinated", U.S. Army, but surprise!, he still got it! His kids could have gotten it from him, or from daycare, or from his wife who is a teacher. Who knows? It wasn't from me, but thank you for blaming it on me. You might want to just blame EVERYTHING on me, if it makes you feel any better. (there seems to be a concerted effort among world leaders to do just that! It doesn't seem at all familiar, does it?) As a healthcare worker, I am super sorry that you "don't do nice anymore". I'm sorry for the extent of sufferings you have been part of, I truly am. My daughter is an NP, she worked in a "surge" hospital in Buffalo in the beginning of the pandemic, ouch, one of my daughters is an RN/educator/charge nurse in outpatient chemo, and oh dear it's been rough on her, with the shortages of staff, ect. My other daughter is an RN at a big hospital and has had many Covid patients. One of my sons is an RN at Stanford in Cali, he's in management but has seen his share of sufferings too. They are of course all vaccinated, which is their choice, as they did it before any mandates kicked in. I hope my kids don't lose their "nice". They are amazing, kind, tenderhearted, tough, and capable. I don't know how such a wicked woman as myself was able to raise such gems, by the grace of God, for sure.
Linda, thank you, and God bless you...
Martha, oh dear, I hope you do okay and don't get sick, just maybe enough to get more antibodies, God bless you, and I love you too!

Cheryl said...

I'm sorry.. but does PAT even KNOW what she is talking about??
Does she even READ the statistics?? Has she even HEARD of South Africa? It's this type of narrative, spewed, and I mean spewed, by some very not nice people out there, that shows, proves, that many will choose to ignore the truths. Logically.. if I get the shot, I am protected. Also those who I love are protected. If I don't get it, I am not protected, and everyone near me is doomed. So, is that what is happening??? Well, Pat?
It's amazing, this is something we've prayed for, although not fun, and personally, I am very thankful! I just hope we don't wreck it!!! It's like God has thrown us a few life preservers, and now he's sent a boat!!

Cassandra said...

Wow Pat.

As a healthcare worker you should try to do better. You should know vaccinated people are catching, spreading and dying from covid in large numbers. blaming ANYONE for ANY case of Covid simply because they are unvaccinated is not only unhelpful its misinformation and flat out dangerous. How any person can ever talk about or to another person like you are just simply blows my mind. I know multiple VACCINATED people who have died and multiple unvaccinated who have been saved from hospital stays by "de-wormer".

My daughter (unvaccinated because she follows science) currently has covid and will be taking that "de-wormer" prescribed by her dr. Yes people dying is heartbreaking but people die from viruses every year and we NEVER blame anyone else for those deaths, why now? I can tell you why now...politics. The same reason you had to attack a strangers shirt because they don't support the current administration.

Be better.

16 blessings'mom said...

Cheryl, I think you're right, this variant is sort of an answer to prayers, if it gives us immunities...
Cassandra...amen.