summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 14, 2022

singing songs about winter...

...baby, it's cold outside!  Tomorrow we'll be lucky to hit five degrees Fahrenheit.  brrrr.  But, we're not staying home and hunkering down, no, we're going to visit Margaret and Adrian, and little Wulf and Tennyson, and Evelyn, who lives with them.  I've made a crockpot full of meatballs, and am bringing up some pasta, Margaret is going to make breadsticks.  I asked Wulf if he wanted chocolate milk, and he said he did, imagine that, so I'll be stopping at the store....they live up north of here, in the city right on Lake Ontario, it's lovely there, but brrrr.

Wulf is allowed to have chocolate milk, as the poor boy has been sick off and on for the last few weeks.  He had some good days, then got feverish again, is okay now, but still rather worn out.  It's not fun to see your grandchildren sick.  (It's also not fun to be blamed for your grandchildren being sick, but that's water under the bridge, now isn't it?  I decided that I am NOT going to let naysayers ruin my blog, nor rain on my happiness, nor make me feel guilty for enjoying my God-given life....so remind me if I forget, okay?)(Let it Go, songs of winter, right? (Frozen)). 

Today, I vacuumed several rooms, washed dishes, changed the bedding in my room over to the winter bedding...I liked the summer stuff so much, I wasn't going to, but the flannel sheets match the black comforter, so what the heck...when it gets warm again, the pink stuff can come back out.  (I usually just take the sheets off, wash them, put them back on...but today I had to wash the flannels first, and I changed the duvet cover, ect.)

The girls are all ready to go to Margaret's house, they are having a sleepover there....so off we go!  Into the cold...

5 comments:

Diana said...

"Off we go, into the wild cold yonder!" LOL! I don't know why your last sentence made me think of that song and change the word "blue" to "cold." Ha! // You say and do whatever you want to say and do on your blog. If we all changed how we deal with things just to please other folks, then it's not real, it's not you. You have my absolute support to say and do whatever you want on YOUR blog. I visit lots of blogs who have nothing in common with how I personally think and believe. Della, there are a LOT of us who visit you and we're perfectly fine reading about your life, your thoughts, your feelings. Sending you much love and many blessings, my friend! // Have fun with your family, Della!!

Billie Jo said...

HAve a wonderful time! I need to think of something to put in the crockpot this weekend. We are getting a storm!

Terri D said...

Meatballs sound good! Stay warm up there and have fun! xo

Anonymous said...

...Into the Unknown...well, not really, since you know where you're going:)
Glad to see you out and about!
Valerie

Mari said...

It's so cold here too!
Poor Wulf, I hope he feels better soon. Glad you are improving!