summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

home home home...

This is a fine place to be. I had to get up at the lonely hour of 7:30 this morning to take Mali to a dr. appointment. The kids were all still asleep....I made some coffee and a few English muffins with crunchy peanut butter, took Rosie out and fed and watered her, and we were off. First the dr, then to the farmers' market where we got SilverFloss corn, peaches, plums, apples, and some fresh made cheese curd. (the man selling apples asked me if my babies were all growing up, I did not even realize he knew who I was....he must remember the days when I brought all of them every place I went....) Then to the grocery store for milk and bread and a watermelon and carrots, 8 jars of peanut butter (99 cents a jar) and some chicken. Oh, and frozen strawberries and yogurt to make smoothies later.

Then....home! Mali wanted me to take her to open a bank account, but the ice cream would have melted....yes, I got ice cream too. I told her maybe after we got home and put stuff away, but preferably tomorrow....she declined, said tomorrow is her "day off"....I asked her, "When is MY day off?"

I do live a good life, and get plenty of recreation time in, like swimming with the kids and watching movies with them and playing with them and reading stories. I cannot complain. Yet....it is still so busy, and I am still always a day late and a dollar short. Since my youngest child is potty trained, and almost three years old, I SHOULD be able to keep up with the laundry an manage the meal planning better...but.....oh yesterday at the museum there were SO many babies...I am still hopeful.....

Jonathan and Charlotte Claire came into our room at 2:33 this morning to say that Charlotte Claire needed her pillow...I could NOT fall back to sleep...and I knew I had to get up earlier than I have in a while...I also stayed up too late with Joseph and Samuel and Aaron last night. I KNEW I should get my tail out of this chair and get to bed, but they are so funny....Sam brings everything back to World War II. He cannot manage to go fifteen minutes without mentioning it. He sort of realizes it, but last night his brothers were doing it too, and he said, "I hate you guys..."

Margaret is playing "Bohemian Rapsody" by Queen on the piano....a few of the kids are playing SIMS....the general consensus is that we need to go in the pool....I totally concur. Yes, my life is good....

No comments: