summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

smoothies for lunch

Sometimes I think I need to take a huge break from this blog, I feel like I am in a rut. My life is the same same same, nothing new to say. My camera is always either lost or the batteries are not charged or they are stolen or the camera card is missing. My computer plug doesn't stay in very well and if I am not vigilant, it will turn off. I have so much to say so often that I cannot say because my kids would kill me. I leave things out and feel like I am lying. Perhaps it is because I am tired today, perhaps.



Anyways, here is a list of what is going on here....besides that Kathryn is making smoothies.



1. Charlotte Claire sprayed something that should smell good, but since she sprayed like half the bottle.....blah! But she thinks she smells very nice.



2. Low-fat milk, low-fat low sugar strawberry yogurt, and frozen strawberries....yum.



3. The two cousins who have been here since Sunday are going home today. They are lovely girls who are kind to the younger ones and thankful for everything...but overall the girls have stayed up too late and gotten up too early....so there have been flare-ups of tempers here....just my girls, but I am thinking that when the cousins get to their own house.....they are gonna lose it.



4. I have some cheap thin steaks marinating. Cheap or not, marinated and cooked on the grill, yum.



5. Cleaning and organizing does not fulfill me. If I could choose, I would rather nurture or play. Rock a baby, hug a child, cuddle a toddler, or go on aventures and have fun with them.



6. This is a post I never published earlier...since then I have tried to take a nap, which was quite the joke...let's see, here are the funny parts:

a. Charlotte Claire and Camille were "sleeping with me, which consisted of them giggling, rolling, pulling the covers off me, and kissing me.

b. after I successfully convinced them to go play with Margaret and Kathryn in the living room, I dozed off only to have Jonathan come in and ask for ice cream.

c. I fell back to sleep, and Abigail called my cell phone, which I probably shouldn't have brought in with me.

d. The kids were not very good out here while I "slept", so their babysitters/older siblings did some shouting to try to stop them....

So, my nap was a whole series of jokes....because if I don't laugh, I will cry.

I made kabobs with the marinated beef, with yellow squash, green peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Grilled until tender and oh my goodness, they were good! Served with fresh sweet corn...I love summer.

And I am recognizing that I also love food.

The kids love food too. The currently have a bag of Goldfish crackers. Charlotte Claire has some in an empty water bottle, and Camille has some in a cup. Rosie is their best friend right now, she is thinking it is Christmas.

Jonathan is so excited because he says Emily invited him to spend the night at her apartment tomorrow night....he can scarcely contain himself, it is such wonderful news.

The kids are almost ready for bed now, so I will get off here voluntarily. Meaning: I will get off before they have to do bad things for attention. It is story time!!!

3 comments:

Tereza said...

maybe you should make your blog "by invitation only" then you could say what you want as it would not be public news:)

Archer's Mum said...

:) your blog always makes me sooo hungry, all that yummy food!! its true, i have to make sure i have a snack with me when reading your updates, lol. love your writing x

Darla said...

Camera dilemma: identical to mine..either camera lost, batteries dead, batteries missing, or memory card missing!

Nap dilemma: identical to mine.. I try to sleep, someone forgets, runs into the room, like 12 times, then I doze off to hear my cell phone ring (same question, "Why did I have it in here with me?" Then little and middle kids start running, shouting or fighting, big kids, who are trying to help me take a nap, yell at the little ones...I wake up even more...and almost cry. I just get up then instead. (This just happened tonight...tried for over 1 1/2 hrs to sleep, only to doze about 1/2 hour).