summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, August 21, 2010

just stuff....

It has been too busy today, for my taste. I didn't take things so well for a while, then I realized how I was being, and snapped out of it...it all started when I was informed that the two little girls pulled all the clothes off the shelves and out of the drawers in their room...I went in to see, and oh my goodness.....it was a total mess in there....clothes and toys and blankets...so, we started in on it and cleaned it up....I sneaked and threw out some toys when Jonathan wasn't looking....I vacuumed and put down a new little carpet I had gotten a while ago on clearance, and it is all clean and organized. Again. Well, as we were finishing it up, I heard Kathryn yell the words no mother wants to hear, "They CUT their HAIR!" I shrieked in reply from down the hall, "WHAT???!", I heard one of the boys tell Kap not to give her mother a heart attack. rrr. It isn't too bad, just choppy and mullot-y. However that is spelled. rrr. And when I came out here after cleaning in their room for over an hour, rrr. My goodness, how did this happen? It wasn't like this a little while ago! rrr. Well....I was rather upset, after all, it is Saturday, and Evelyn's birthday, and I don't want to clean all day...a load of towels on the couch, counters messy, Aaron had made brownies and then went to work....rrr. Then I realized that no matter what the circumstances, the issue is that I have this anger....and I don't want to be giving in and just being mad and yell-y and upset....it makes everyone else here upset. So I turned to God, and things got much better. It really is all how you take it, and after I got hold of myself, I saw things so differently. Aaron wanted brownies, he left a whole pan (minus one very big one he took with him) of nice warm gooy brownies (it wasn't HIS fault his younger siblings tasted and snacked and tracked warm mushy crumbs on the floor!)....Sometimes I wish I could do a re-do of the day, and be so totally aware when those buttons of mine are pushed, so I could take it right from the onset. But I cannot, so the second best thing is to acknowledge how I have been, and take it heart to be more awake in the future.

Evelyn wants spaghetti for her birthday dinner...is her birthday lasting long enough? Spaghetti is our fall-back-on dinner in the wintertime, but we rarely eat it in the summer. I think they miss it.

Paul will be posting pictures of his trip on his rarely used blog, http://amomentofmuse.blogspot.com ....I thought it was interesting to look at because he has some older pictures, like of when Charlotte Claire was born, and Camille, and of Jonathan when he was little....

2 comments:

Heather said...

It is so true that our attitude affects everyone else's. You are so right. Sometimes we just need to readjust, refocus and move on, trying to be more aware. I have so many days like that where I need to catch myself and deal with my bad attitude. What a good mom you are:-)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Heather, every word of it!
Keep your chin up, you're doing an amazing job!