summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, August 23, 2010

monday morning....but it is STILL summer!

Since we have lost the school supply lists anyway, and we don't want to ruin the rest of our summer preparing too much in advance for the exodus of the dear children from home to ...to...ugh, school....we are enjoying the rest of vacation as much as possible. They have re-discovered the Wii, and if you want to see FUNNY, you should see Miss Charlotte Claire swing that controller like a baseball bat. She doesn't care if she hits the ball or not, she has a smile on her face. Camille has the new Police Whistle. I forgot to confiscate and "lose" that last night. I guess I will try to give them one more day with it.

I did a very stupid thing this morning. I casually walked into the laundry room and put in a load of bedding, never realizing that Aaron and Mali's McD uniforms were in there....they rushed in there to put them in the dryer this morning , and they were in the middle of the cycle, mixed in with the bedding. They pulled them out dripping wet and realized they would never make it to work on time. I apologized. They put them in the dryer, soaking and dripping. Um, they probably should have just let them spin out in the washer first...? Mali had to call their boss and inform him they would be late....oops. I personally think they should get more than one uniform (they actually only give them the shirt, they have to buy their own pants).....and they wash them every single time they work. (it DID cross my mind that they have done their share of taking loads out and just dropping them on the couch and intercepting the dryer, to get their uniforms washed...but I didn't mention that...

I have remembered something very important: today is Paul's mother's birthday!!! He is not here, and I would have been the one to remind him anyway...so I think we will go buy her a card and some flowers and drop in for a visit. I don't want to be gone all day, because tonight, we are going bowling! I found a place that has pre-league bowling for $1 per game, with free shoe rental. Abigail is free tonight, and she invited Emily, who is free tonight...yay! A few of the kids are going to soccer practice, but I think we will still have too many for the minivan.

It is peaceful here today. A few little squabbles, but really peaceful otherwise. I have been really working with these guys about being nice and not hitting each other and sharing and being patient. Perhaps they are hearing me!

Kathryn Grace just did the dishwasher without even being asked. Very nice indeed. Uh-oh, Jonathan cannot find his handcuffs. Poor guy...I think I will go help him...

No comments: