summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, August 26, 2010

pears already?

Ice cold water....brilliant sunshine, seventy degrees...almost cool in the shade...yet they dip their heads in the water...

Yay, Benjamin is home!






Even Charlotte Claire and Camille dipped their heads...
This puppy earned being tied up...she went over to visit the neighbors, AGAIN.







Sonja K....




Kathryn Grace







Suzanne Eleanor






Camille Anaya...she likes picking pears and taking bites...








Mr. Jonathan Robert





Charlotte Claire...







They actually taste pretty good this year.




pears and pears and pears...the tree is overloaded this year.









Charlotte Claire and Jonathan...


We had lunch outside on blankets, then filled the little pool, picked some pears....after a while, since the kids were shivering, we came in and they watched a movie while I did some kitchen work...I also made chocolate RiceKrispie treats, with CocoaKrispies. For after dinner. Joseph and Sam came back from the fair with four friends. I thought they were staying for dinner, but they raided the 'fridge instead, and left to play some volleyball at the conference center.


Aaron, Mali, and Margaret are bringing back some sweet corn, and I am grilling steak for dinner. I will make a nice salad too.


The days are just flying by. Summer, oh summer, how I love thee. I wish I could just grasp it and slow it down.


Here is a question.....I would seriously like some replys to this:


Am I the only one who wonders sometimes what the heck the house would look like if I died suddenly?


Another question. Am I the only one who actually considers telling some of the kids, "Listen, if I die suddenly, can you PLEASE make sure you take the burners off the stove and wash under them once in a while?" Of course, that is only an example. I have been tempted to tell them to make sure they shine up the kitchen faucet and wipe down the windowsills and take the lint out of the dryer lint-trap. To soak the washcloths in bleach once in a while, and clean under the furniture. Then I think, "who cares? If I'm dead, why would I care?"


I am sort of kidding, but I am wondering if I am the only one.....


Mr. Jonathan, almost in heaven....he LOVES steering wheels.







Camille and I....









When she is my age, if I should be so lucky, I will be 88. That is sad....it is hard to be approaching middle age and not have a mommy anymore......when I found out I was going to have her, that was one of my thoughts....



















3 comments:

Cassandra said...

Having just been away from the house and in hospital for a couple of days i KNOW what the house would look like if i died suddenly lol.
It wasnt pretty but then i know they tried, i just dont think they ' see' the same mess that i do ;-)

Cassandra xx

Tereza said...

ha ha...I think my family would fall completely apart...so god has better keep me alive a while longer:):):)...so no you're not the only one!

Anonymous said...

lol same reply as cassandra!! and the husband was alone at home!! I don't even want to imagine what it'll be like when we have kids..
seriously though I'd ike to teach my kids to not clutter. I try to keep empty surfaces (as opposed to clutter EVERYWHERE in the house i grew up) and it is so much easier to keep a clean house when you don't have to fight against piles of papers, magazines, clothes etc.