summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, August 22, 2010

playing dollhouse...

This reminds me of the stupid movie, "Honey, I Blew Up The Kid"....she certainly got the King Kong award of the day... This is Jonathan's house...with a tractor on the roof.

Suzanne's yard



Jonathan resting in the middle of the road.

My house...lots of babies!




The playground





The dollhouse people don't have bathing suits.






Charlotte Claire






Camille with her bunk beds









Suze's house









Camille with her house, which they refer to as "The broken-down house"...she doesn't seem to notice...I mean, she has sippy-cup and a horse in her living room....

As with all good things, dollhouse play came to an end...just fizzled out, didn't go out with a bang, which is good. Sonja is nicely picking things up now, but the two little girls have decided to resume playing. Only thing is that Camille has claimed Charlotte Claire's residence....rrr.
And on goes our day...
Here are some things that have happened:
1. Joseph did the dishwasher for me.
2. Jonathan and Sonja served the ice cream but never put it back in the freezer...luckily there wasn't much left to liquify and run all over the table.
3. I washed Camille's bedding, which she peed in...I guess I bragged too soon about her staying dry at night. I felt like a bad mommy because when I covered her up in the night, I noticed she was wet. I did NOT get her up and change her....
4. I threw out a pair of Camille's undies because....... well, she only did a tiny bit of poop in them....I think she thought she was just passing a bit of gas, and she seemed surprised....I told her not to worry, it happens to the best of us....
5. Jonathan took Rosie out front and they both came in soaked....oh, the joy of a wet dog...make that a wet HAPPY dog, wagging herself all over us....
And seriously, I consider this a good day because, seriously...not much has happened here.....










4 comments:

AUTISMOMMA said...

Wow, I love the dollhouse village! Since I've been reading your blog, I think these are the most detailed pics of the dollhouse playing that goes on.

Regarding the underwear, I recall you have a new washer & dryer set and wondered if you know about a particular setting that may be on your washer. On ours, it's called "Rinse & Spin." It's a 20-minute cycle that does just what it says. We have had some real messes around here with diarrhea lately and that Rinse & Spin cycle is a lifesaver. I keep surgical gloves in the bathroom (bought at Walgreens for cheap) and put one on to dump and clean what I can out into the toilet and then use the Rinse & Spin cycle. Using the gloves and the R&S cycle like that probably isn't the "greenest" thing in the world but it saves me from constantly buying new underwear and also from having them stink up the laundry room until they can be washed properly.

Martha said...

"2. Jonathan and Sonja served the ice cream but never put it back in the freezer..."

"Someone," not me, left the ice cream out ALL night and then put it back in the freezer in the morning. Can you say "yuck"? It was like sticky cool whip on top and icky water on the bottom.

I am jealous of your dollhouse collection. Unfortunately, I did not have enough doll playing daughters to warrant the collection. Now I am waiting for granddaughters and collecting cars and trains instead.

16 blessings'mom said...

I will keep this underwear thing in mind. It just seems like a lot of trouble, but if it were to happen more frequently, it might be smart. My hesitancy is that I always have so much laundry backed up to do...
And Martha, the ice cream thing is funny because I bet NO ONE did it. Or perhaps at your house, people actually remember doing those things and admit it. As for my dollhouse collection, a few years ago Paul suggested we had enough, I tried, I really tried...but...when new things come out....and I have a coupon...I just love it, that's all.

Martha said...

"Someone" did admit to it, but there really aren't many left here to choose from either. He went to Weggies and bought me some more. Good thing it was on sale!

PS. When the undies are really bad, I say throw them out and start over!