summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, August 30, 2010

things about my monday....

1. SOMEONE served iced coffees and used up all the half-n-half. Okay, 1% milk will do, but ...

2. Sonja was the lucky child who got to sleep with me last night, she fell out of the bed at 7:30 this morning...and couldn't fall back to sleep....since we are still on our "summer" schedule, that is like waking up at three a.m.

3. There were no new ants anywhere this morning, that I could see. I did discover that some brilliant child opened the 72 ounce bag of Nestle Chocolate Chips, and left them in the cupboard that I found the ants in last week....I didn't see any critters in there...phew, that would be true tear-water tea.

4. Yesterday was my father's birthday. He died when he was seventy, which seems like a rip-off. I have wondered occasionally why some people get to live so long, but both of my parents had to die young-ish...69 and 70.

5. It is 7:48 pm in Mumbai. I wonder if Paul thinks of me as often as I think of him. I can't look at the time without adding 9 and a half hours and wondering what he is doing. Uh-oh, I think I'm in love!

6. We are simply horrible at "maintenance" around here. We work so hard every day and clean this place all up and in the morning, wow. Ben's sweatshirt on the dog cage. Charlotte Claire's skirt and a pair of shorts on the living room floor. Not dirty or anything, just stuff left around. If 15 of us each leave three things around, it obviously adds up and equals a mess. And I do not like MESS!

7. I am simply not cut out for this job! But I love love love the kids. The older ones are such good company, the younger ones are just precious...

8. I want to spend the last bit of summer just having it good with the kids.

9. I found out the other day that Jonathan, age 6, calls his cousin Becky, age 25, about 5 times a day sometimes. If she isn't home, he will just talk to my sister Cheryl.

10. It is almost 10:30 and a total of three kids have gotten up: Aaron, Sonja, and Jonathan.

Today is a blank slate. Mirielle starts college tomorrow....Ben, Aaron and Mali have the day off from McDonalds...what will we do? Where will we go? I cannot wait to find out!

1 comment:

FLmom7 said...

LOL, I love how you say you're not cut out for this job, I say that too (about being a mom and also about homeschooling my kids). Somehow, life goes on and we manage, amazingly!