summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, August 5, 2010

tornado in the livingroom!!!

Okay.....I pack up our dollhouse stuff and bring it to summer conference for Childrens' Day each year. Last year, lots of it didn't get home, it stayed the winter in the camper. This year, we just left one big house, but brought home all the rest of it. Right now, our living room is bearing the brunt of that decision. Dollhouse people and cars and chairs and tables and lamps and slides, all over....but instead of playing in here, they decided to bring some things into Jon's room to play....fine and dandy, but they brought one of the swimming pools in there. And of course, swimming pools have to have WATER in them. On Jonathan's bed. And little children playing with water always need MORE water, until there is laughing and squealing and mayhem, and TOO MUCH WATER. For Jonathan's bed, anyway.

I ordered them out, they have to stay in the living room where I can see them. I am taking a rest, you see, from all the things I have cleaned up and put away, even though if someone stopped in unexpectedly right now, they would never in a million years believe that I have done a stinkin' thing today. I have not finished my morning coffee, since my routine is so out of whack. I told Paul that I am out of my element, but he just looked at me. He knows I have no element.

Now Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille are playing house. They are NOT going to get into the water again. They told me so.

I have not spent the whole morning straightening up and putting things away and doing laundry. No sir, Miss Rosie looks lovely and smells good. She had a bath, then I took her outside to run around and dry by playing fetch with her. Fetch with Rosie consists of me throwing something, this morning it was an empty Lipton Iced Tea bottle, her running and getting it, then me chasing her around to try to get it from her....anyway, she is brushed and I trimmed some of the mats that continuously form in her fur, and she looks sweet and fluffy. Her cage, though, is a different story......the little girls were so graciously feeding her Swedish Fish last night, and I am guessing that is why she barfed in there. I am not going to just leave it there, I am going to pay Joseph big money to clean it up for me. I don't mind the grossness, but I simply cannot get into the back corner of the dog cage.....

Anyway...I am going on an adventure today! More adventurous than the laundry room. To the movies!!!! I am taking Miss Sonja K. and Mr. Jonathan. The other kids got to go to the mountains with Emmy, so I am doing something special with these two. They rarely go to the movies, and I have heard that Toy Story 3 is wonderful on the big screen. So today, we will have some fun. Of course I am tortured by leaving Charlotte Claire and Camille out of the fun....I am the kind of mom who likes to take everyone everywhere, whenever possible. They will have enough fun with Daddy, who is on vacation, ha. Well, he IS fishing with Samuel today. He took him to the place he used to fish when he was a kid. Sam is really good company, he will be interested in hearing Daddy tell about the best fishing spots in the outlet. When they get home, I can take my little friends and go....

Uh-oh, Charlotte Claire is broken hearted. Apparently Jonathan was supposed to marry her, and he married Camille! She just came and told me this, then marched back into the bedroom and told him that "Mom said you have to marry ME", which I did not say.

They are supposed to be playing out here where I can see them, but.....Sonja K. is playing dollhouse, Rosie is washing her paws, the a.c. is on, I could just fall asleep. Last night it was great to be back in my own bed, but Camille had an evil plan to see how many times she could say,
MOMMY without me going totally beserk. It almost worked, but I fought it off. I seriously lost count of how many times I went to her and told her to quiet down and go back to sleep after at least 25 times of getting up. No kidding. She didn't seem totally awake though, and when I talked to her about it this morning, she said she didn't say "Mommy" last night. I feel zombie-ish, so I hope she got it all out of her system last night, and tonight is just for sleeping.

I have one load of clothes all folded and sorted on the couch, I need to put it away before it grows and multiplies...

Great, Jonathan doesn't want to marry Charlotte Claire at all, he wants her to be a boy! She says they have to start all over again, because she IS THE MOM!

I think I have to get up and take them in the pool......

2 comments:

true blessings said...

"I told Paul that I am out of my element, but he just looked at me. He knows I have no element."

too hilarious!!

Martha said...

I would believe that you did something no matter how tornadoish your living room looked. I know what just two little girls can do to mine in a matter of five minutes. And they like to play best when the living room has been freshly cleaned.