summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, August 7, 2010

saturday morning mayhem....

I woke up to Kathryn playing dollhouse with Charlotte Claire, and Rosie across the street barking at the neighbor's son's dog. rrr. I went out and pretended to go bye-bye in the big van, which Rosie tried to get in on. I let her jump up and retrieve a yummy empty cheese stick package to chew on while I escourted her into the house. A load of towels into the washer, a few pans washed and put away, and on with the coffee. Six of the kids are playing dollhouse, which is part play, part claiming ownership of the more valuable pieces, like the ones that take batteries and actually have batteries. And the babies. They are apparently like gold, from the way they are fighting for them.

Mali is getting ready for work. Aaron and her both work at the same McDonalds, same hours. They have their uniforms on but forbid me to take pictures, especially Mali. She says she knows where it will end up. I tried to look puzzled and innocent, but they know me.

I look around from my chair here, and I see work. What I would like to do is get down on the floor and claim a house and start adding people and furniture, and of course a good share of the babies.

Evelyn wants to know why her school list gets lost every single year. I told her last year and this year don't neccesarily mean every single year. hmm. I told her I can check online. I do not want to think about school yet, but.....I honestly think that if I did not have to answer to anyone regarding their education, I could keep them here and teach them everything they need to know. I would certainly appreciate them more than the teachers do.

I keep laughing about something Camille said last week.....Abigail asked her if she was going to eat all the candy from the candy store before the conference even started, and she replied, "Summer conference does not have a button!" Get it? A start button?

The heatwave has disapated here in New York state.....today will be in the seventies, with sunshine. Perfect.

No comments: