summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"because she said so...

you don't need to question your mother!" Ha, I did not say this, Samuel did! I have taught him well! He said this to Jonathan when I told him not to do something, and he answered, "Why....?", in that way he has of making WHY a three sylable word.

It is nice in here, we have the two window airconditioners in the kitchen and living room cranked. It is already 82 out and humid, nineties today, tomorrow, next day....I slept on the couch last night, it wasn't comfy but it was cool.

Yes, the lazy hazy days of summer....my favorite favorite part is having the kids around all of the time. I just cannot fathom for the life of me how moms can be "ready for school to start". I just don't get it. Not that I am the Queen Of Patience, no sir, I get irritated just as much as the next person, but I work with that....I am tempted to just walk out sometimes, it isn't all sweetness and cuddles here....it is honestly a fight within myself not to get sick and tired of everything. But thanks be to God for His word and His help. Because when I get victory through Jesus over my own sin, my selfishness and demands, then it is easy to love and appreciate the kids. I see more and more that I am my own worst enemy. It is not the mess, nor the two year old, nor the dog spilling her water....no, those are just the circumstances that bring out my sin, and God works all things for the good for those who love Him...(romans 8 v.28) And I also have answered my own question: I get it now. I see why moms are ready for school to start....and I truly understand.....

I have things to do and places to go....nothing amazingly earthshatteringly wonderful, but nonetheless, off I go....

No comments: