summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

i do i do i do love my kids...

But sometimes....oh sometimes....I get tired. And I want to get them to bed. Their bedtimes have been too late, summer hours...and when I start to get focused on getting them to bed and they are full of nonsense and have to have certain pajamas, and all of the four youngest want ONLY MOMMY to tuck them in.....then my adoration for them blurs, gets overrun by my longing for PEACE and QUIET....well, tonight I realized how my thoughts were going, and after I sang Camille her night-night songs, I said prayers with her, and really asked God for more patience and more kindness and much more love for my kids when they are being challenging....for wisdom to discipline them without just being all stompy.....

So tomorrow I will be a better Mommy....

Here are the things I love about my kids...

1. Emily is so good with her younger siblings.

2. Abigail loves to go on adventures with us...

3. Benjamin doesn't always do as I would like, but he totally respects my wishes with the younger ones and backs me up.

4. Mirielle...what can I say, she has been gone for a while, and I cannot wait to have her home.

5. Joseph is learning to play the drums, in addition to the piano, and of course the guitar....I deserve a million bucks for not telling him to knock it off already...

6. Aaron bought some Golden Grahams and put them up on top of the cupboard. I don't have the heart to tell him he should share.

7. Mali ....Mali is sad because one of her best friends is leaving for college....she is doing okay though...

8. Samuel...he loves summertime. He helps me whenever I ask, and is really working on being peaceful...

9. Margaret likes to stay up late and watch movies...she made two pans of brownies tonight.

10. Kathryn likes to wear a Yankees hat backwards. She is into gymnastics, and can now do splits.

11. Evelyn is still up. She is my little helper, and has a wicked sense of humor. She really should be in bed....

12. Suzanne is very mature for nine years old. She loves to help with the little girls.

13. Sonja is sleeping in my bed tonight, on Daddy's side.

14. Jonathan...is a handful....a nice sweet intelligent energetic handful...he absolutely loves playing Wii..

15. Charlotte Claire wore her size 12 princess dress over to Emily's apartment today. Emily said she was fine. okay.

16. Camille is so grown up. She told me she got cotton candy ice cream with Emily, and that she fell and hurt her knee and that she cried. I asked Emily, and it was all true.

And I am tired and rambling.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see a lot of love and patience coming from each of the points listed about each of your kids!
Don't be so hard on yourself, I think you would be superhuman not to ever long for peace and quiet after a long tiring day. You're doing a great job!