summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, February 16, 2012

all fired up and ready to go...

Camille isn't really going anywhere. She just made a miraculous recovery from yesterday's sickness....

Me, that is. I am encouraged, once again, renewed in spirit...not just in the weight loss battle, but for life in general.

I cruised the internet last night looking for inspirational weight loss stories, and found a few new blogs. One thing I read really hit home for me. This lady has lost 150 pounds, and she pointed out that we cannot have the best of both worlds. Well, duh, but it is easy for that to creep in...the thought that I "deserve" a bit of this or a taste of that, or "just one" of something. When I was dropping the pounds a few months back, I did not do that. So for me, right now, in this stage of life, I have to be radical! No more laxness!

And life in general: oh, we just KNOW so much. But to put it to practice, I am so lacking. I KNOW not to argue with my teenagers. I KNOW that a gentle answer turns away wrath. I KNOW it doesn't profit me in the least to Be Right about something. I KNOW that love covers a multitude of sins, that he who endures to the end shall be saved, that God causes all things to work together for the good for those who love Him, that no temptation has overtaken me than such is common to man, and God is faithful, He will provide a way out...it says in ephesians 4:23 to be "renewed in the spirit of your mind"...

It just hit me last night that I spend so much time and effort (ha, although not nearly enough!) on my body, getting it into shape and working out and trying to make it smaller...but this body will pass away. It is temporary. What is NOT seen is eternal, am I working on the really important things?

Yesterday was spent taking care of Camille, who is a different story when she is sick than say...Charlotte Claire, who is a little angel. Camille is sweet, but she is whiny and demanding when she is sick. She missed the bowl once, and I had to wash the couch cover, in addition to the huge stack of bedding I was putting through. She spent the evening cuddled up to Mama, with a fever. She is much better today.

Last night, I had no idea what to make for dinner, again. I have to make a meal plan for next week so when I am recovering I won't have to worry about the Daily Dilemma. (anyone notice I am looking forward to some down time? Even if it is after surgery?)Anyway, I made French Toast and sausage for the kids, cut up a cantaloupe, put out some grapes, then browned up some chicken breast for Paul and I and whoever wanted a healthier option, and put together a salad. I behaved and kept my paws off the yummy looking French toast, but it almost killed me. After dinner, I had some chocolate chips, but not too many, not like the M&M's binge from the night before. I eat so well for meals and have healthy snacks, I just have to exercise self-control when it comes to extras, like staying the heck away from them.

It is amazing how much I can accomplish around here when I am home all day. Yesterday I cleaned the little girls' room, picked up and vacuumed my room, picked up Jon and Sonja's room, did tons of laundry, swept and mopped...not that it is perfect in here, but it is not too shabby.

So today I also plan to stay home all day, although I am thinking of going to the pool tonight.

The girls and I are excited for our upcoming overnighter. There are two 42 inch televisions in the suite, so we can watch, "Downton Abbey", and Kathryn can watch something else if she wants. She says she isn't a fan, but ha, I see her watching it...I mean, how can anyone not be a fan? We will also get some swimming in, and hopefully a nice soak in the hot tub. Abigail is coming along too, so it will be really fun! Honestly, it is hard not to bring them all....really hard. But I will be with five of my daughters, and sometimes it is good to not have everyone. I guess.

I am the kind of mom that likes my kids with me though. Even when they were all littler, I would rather bring them all to the store with me than leave some home. It took longer, and in the store I would wonder a million times why I thought it was such a great idea to bring them. But - I still think the time spent with them was worth the craziness. (once in Walmart, when I was pregnant, I had three kids in the cart and a few walking...the walkers both climbed up on the side of the cart at the check-out when I wasn't looking, and it tipped over, spilling the baby and the toddlers out...it could have been really bad, instead it was just really embarrassing, with some crying kids and a red-faced me as the helpful employees and passer-bys informed me that I REALLY had my hands full.) hmm.

I saw a comic yesterday that pictured a lady at the gates of heaven, being informed that, "By the way, you saved $554, 332 in coupons in your life..." I thought that put things in perspective.

Yes, my thoughts are all over the place again today. I have two birthdays next week, one the day after my surgery - Mirielle turns 22, then the next day Suzanne turns eleven. I have some gifts already for Mirielle, and Suze's gift is the hotel trip. I would like to get her something small to give her on her birthday though.

I am making up a chore chart as well as the meal plan, trying to make myself obsolete for a few days.

Isn't it awful that I am looking forward to a few days of No Responsibility? Hopefully I get my lovely reading glasses by then, I shall lie in bed and read...ha, I am so bad.

Camille has a different pretty dress on now. She "wants" me, so off I go...it is nice to be wanted...and she is getting so big so fast, dang, what am I going to do when no kids "want" me anymore? wah.

No comments: