summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

woo-hoo! minivacation, coming up!!!

I just booked one night at a nice place not too far from here for next week...YAY!! Abigail and I are taking Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, and Sonja for a girls' party!!! Suzanne is turning eleven a few days after my gallbladder surgery, so we shall celebrate early. Now, we don't usually go to hotels for birthdays, but this just seems like fun. It is hard to go without the youngest three, but, as Suzanne pointed out, this way it will be not just all about Camille, and Char...they really do take a lot of energy, and I don't mind, but these other girls need some special time and attention. Jonathan is very disapointed, and we feel badly, but I did get him a new Wii game today, to give him on the day we go. To soothe our consciences. I mean, in such a large family, unless I take everyone, there will be sad kids.

So...yay for the fun we shall have, and wah for the little ones who will feel bad and left out...Daddy will have to make it fun here for them.

1 comment:

Sherah said...

Oh, how FUN!! Especially right before your surgery...since you'll be out of the loop a bit probably for a while. I'm glad you're getting it taken care of before it gets worse.

By the way, I am now TOTALLY hooked on Downton Abbey because of you!! I just got caught up on watching Season 1 online, and am now watching Season 2 episode 1. I love how refreshing and pure it is compared to most shows out there, and I LOVE their house!!! Anyway, thanks for your review on it a while back!