summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

rainy gloomy day...

I could SO go get back in bed this morning. Am I tired because I'm lazy, or am I lazy because I'm tired? In any case, my coffee cup is empty.

Mr. Jonathan pulled a fast one on me this morning. He was rather put out that Miss Sonja K. "got to skip" yesterday. He mentioned several times last evening that he should be able to today. No, not gonna happen, sir. So he got up this morning, got all ready like a good boy, I packed him two snacks so he could choose and save one for tomorrow...then when the bus came, he didn't go out the door.

Hmm...I could put in a movie for the two of them, Jonathan and Camille...and sneak in for a little snooze...

Why am I so tired?

Yesterday, Sonja K. and I, and Camille, went to Price-Chopper. My total before store discounts and coupons was $563 (uh-oh, I thought!), then $327 after coupons and discounts. I still thought that was REALLY high. ouch. The cashier asked if I shopped just once a month or something. ha. I wish.

It does get expensive to eat healthy. I only buy in season produce, but it adds up. Pears and apples and bananas and salad fixings cost more than chips and cookies. And the kids catch on: Paul and I eat good things, they eat more and more good things. The college kids pack lunches every day too. I know they will pay us back some day though.

We did go into Target again, but didn't spend very much. I got Joseph and Samuel each a nice pair of slippers for %70 off. I got myself a new shirt, some undies for the little girls. Charlotte Claire would not wear the undies this morning. No way. They are cute little Day Of The Week undies, and she would have nothing to do with them. I told her no one would see her undies, but she refused. rrr. She just does not like things that are "cute".

We left for our shopping trip a bit after noon yesterday, and got home at 4:30. (it is a long drive). On the way home, I told Sonja that I would love to go home and take a nap...it was rainy and chilly, and just a nap sort of day. Then I realized that although I had been shopping for a few hours and my knees hurt and my legs were tired, I hadn't exercised. I also realized that I had to go in and put the groceries away and make dinner. blah. I decided to exercise. After the groceries were all in, I had the kids help put them away, and I sneaked into my room for some push-ups, squats, light lifting, running in place, crunches. Just a half hour of getting my heart rate up, and it felt good. It is nice to make good choices once in a while.

For years, I fooled myself that going out shopping was exercise. ha, if it was I never would have gotten so heavy to begin with!

Paul and I watched the fourth episode of, "Downton Abbey" on the computer last night, in our room. He missed it because he was on his way home from Salem, I missed it because I had to pick him up from the airport. It was very cozy.

Perhaps I will feel more energized if I just go exercise...no, I want a nap...

1 comment:

Endo_Life said...

Just wondered how the weight loss was going? You are doing so well with excercise. I have just got myself a kettlebell and I am waiting for the dvd to arrive to show me how to use it properly! I much rather hide inside my four walls and excercise in private. I am now down 43lb's! Keep up the great work!