summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, February 12, 2012

sunday afternoon break....

here I sit, covered with a warm blanket, watching the snow come down. Camille is still dressed in her church clothes, sitting on the couch playing a game on Daddy's computer. Sonja and Evelyn are at the other computers, Samuel is watching basketball, a few of the girls are at Susan's - sharing those sweet little twin babies, Joseph is ice skating with Jonathan, a few college kids are studying....Charlotte Claire is playing in her room, singing her heart out. So it is relatively quiet in here. I just finished doing the breakfast dishes, since we were too rushed to do much before we left this morning.

I was comfy and relaxed, sipping my coffee, finishing me yummy low-cal vanilla yogurt on warmed blueberries, topped with coconut and chopped nuts....when I realized that I haven't exercised today. blah. too stinkin' bad, that's what I say right now. Why did I have to remember that?

Samuel wants to buy a new airsoft gun, so he is looking for work to do for money. He is an extremely hard worker. He collects bottles and cans, and has several bags of them under the deck, waiting to be returned. I don't feel like thinking of a job he can do right now, nor do I feel like figuring out a good night for Sonja to go over to Susan's, nor do I feel like getting out Charlotte Claire's folder and helping her with her homework. And the big question, which I do not feel like answering, which is of course, "What's for dinner?"

I had chicken thawing, then realized we still had lots from Friday night. Chicken, we eat a lot of chicken. What to have with it? blah, I don't feel like making dinner.

Wow, I am just a lazy complainer this afternoon! Because I really just want a nap!

I had better snap out of this and get moving again...well, maybe in a few minutes, it is way too cozy sitting here watching the snow fall outside....

Paul is chopping wood for a fire, the dishwasher is humming, and my blanket is warm.

Maybe I will go make a soup out of that chicken....wait, isn't there someone who could do it for me so I can just sit here and doze?

1 comment:

ccc said...

Ah, your sunday sounds a little like mine, but I got a nap in today! Heavenly!