summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, February 16, 2012

domestic godess

ha. Just kidding. But I do feel like one today, home for TWO whole days in a row! Lest you go thinking that means my house is spotless, consider this: I worked out for a whole thirty minutes, wrapped some presents for Suzanne with Camille, helped Camille write a card for Suze (she can write all her letters, she just asks what's next, and writes it.) I did sweep and mop and clean up here and there and do dishes and and and... After our lunch of leftover chicken added to canned soup, which was really good, I was hankering for a nap. I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies instead. I ate dough. Oh heavenly cookie dough, why do I love you? Then I had just a little taste of a cookie when it came out of the oven, and oh jeez, ...just one more little piece...then I was done. I was going to have my afternoon yogurt with my coffee, then decided: what the heck, I will have one cookie instead. Forget everything I wrote earlier, it was so good. Now I am trying not to feel too guilty, and am vowing to be a good girl for the rest of the night.

Dinner is in the oven, which feels wonderful...see, Paul tries to eat a Paleo diet, which makes him lean and trim, and feel good, and it makes me hate him, not really. So he will come home with a roast of beef, make some of it into jerky, which he says is very healthy, and cut the rest up and freeze it for me to make stew. Today I decided to make stew. My two bags of stew beef were frozen solid, so I did what any lazy lady would do, I simply put each chunk of beef in a pan, sprinkled with minced onions and salt and pepper, covered with foil, and put in oven. My hope is it will cook like a roast...I also added some baby carrots, then cut up a five pound bag of potatoes, covered those with salt and pepper and minced onion, foiled the pan, and put it in the oven. I have a cheat-y jar of gravy, some nice low-fat au juice, which I will add to the meat when it is done.

It is still raining out, chilly and gloomy, and I love it, makes me feel so cozy in here. I feel just so dang successful, having dinner in the oven. But I still want that nap..

No comments: