summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

home already, and still alive.

Lovely me...I was dismissed from the hospital just a few hours after the surgery because my doctor is nice. And because I did not throw up, nor have any other complications. (thank you for your prayers!!)
Camille and Jon cuddled with me for a bit...I grabbed Charlotte Claire as she ran by to claim one of the open comuters and gave her a nice hug.
Jonny thought Miss Kitty Kitten would make me feel better.

I wouldn't call it a Piece Of Cake, personally, but it wasn't overly horrible. I did get seriously scared as the nice nurses brought me to the operating room. My claustrophobia kicked in when the belt was clicked over me, my arm strapped down, and the mask came over my face. But then before I knew it, I was in recovery, and getting some heavy duty pain killers, which was, to tell the truth, rather lovely.

We are blessed with a wonderful small hospital, in the small city. Easy to get to, easy to park, and staffed with some really excellent nurses. I feel like I made lots of friends today.

Even though I was dizzy and a bit out of it, I was allowed to leave. I mentioned that our insurance only covers 80%, (after the deductible, we pay 100% until we spend several thousand), and that I did not want to spend the night. So home we headed....

Paul stopped at Wegman's first, and got me the cranberry-toasted almond- muffin I requested, which I ate on the way home, oh yum! I stopped eating those several months ago when I started my New Lifestyle.

Home. Charlotte Claire ran up to greet me by, for some insane reason, poking me right in the tummy. ouch, in a much louder voice. After I got sat down in my comfy chair, I asked Evelyn to hand me my purse, which she plainly heard as, "Throw me my purse, really hard!"...yes, right in the tummy.

Anyway, here I am, in the crazy house, kids all on vacation and happy as can be...Evelyn Joy just brought me a cup of hot cocoa with whipped cream, without even being asked...because I do not drink cocoa anymore...but today, tonight, I shall not care...

4 comments:

Tereza said...

So glad you're home and surgery is OVER!! that cat DOES look rather comforting!

Rebecca said...

Awww, glad you are home! You need some body armor to protect your tummy from your exuberant kids. Hope you heal quickly!

ccc said...

glad you're home and now all your kids can "baby" you!

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

oh my I am late! I am so happy that your surgery went well. Praying for a very quick recovery for you.