summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, February 23, 2012

if you kids clean up, I'll give you a prize....

I am resorting to bribery. Samuel James, my 16 year old son, is worth his weight in gold these days, getting up and taking Rosie The Bad dog outside and helping out with things...when I looked out the window and saw him throwing snowballs at her, and romping around, Rosie's whole rear end wagging with happiness, I was so thankful for Mr. Sam.

I am feeling just as bad today as I was yesterday, perhaps worse. I postponed taking the pain meds for a bit, but ouch, my belly button incision is a killer. So I am feeling a bit light-headed again, and I am not about to get up and start cleaning this place up...the little girls, Jonathan, and Sonja are up, along with Sam. I find it hard to relax when it is getting cluttered up, so I said the magic words, "kids, clean up and I will get you a prize from my closet!" Wow, they can clean speedy fast! Jon is sweeping, in just his Superman boxers and socks.

Sam wants some coin sleeves from Walmart. He also wants me to take him to return his cans and bottles, because he wants to buy a new air-soft gun. I told him Maybe Later. I still need to get a prescription filled, and we are out of half and half, which is a Huge Emergency. But I think I will hold out and stay home at least today.

I am already thinking of taking the kids to the movies tomorrow. I figure if they help out, it can't be too stressful to get ready and get out the door, and once there, we just sit and watch...the cheap theater is showing the new muppet movie for $1.75.

I am regretting my Prize Offer, because Camille keeps asking me every 20 seconds if it is time yet...and now Sam is cleaning out the hall closet. blah. They will find lots of fun stuff, but I think the living room is going to get really messy with all the Game Closet things.

Dang, I am feeling really nauseaus...or however that is spelled. It is my dear little Suzanne Eleanor's eleventh birthday, I want to feel fine. Evelyn made the ice cream pies yesterday...she crushed up chocolate sandwich cookies and stirred them up with melted butter for the crusts...and put hot fudge on top, then put them in the big freezer.

Yesterday was Mirielle Joy's 22nd birthday, she was doing clinicals until quite late, but I did get to wish her a Happy Birthday when she got home. I didn't even have a yummy dinner waiting for her, I forgot she hates fish. She got her gifts the other day, a few shirts, two sweaters, and some Clorox disinfecting wipes to clean her car.

I should have said NO to the closet cleaning job...Sam keeps asking what to do with certain things. If I knew what to do with them, they wouldn't be in that closet, now would they? blah.

I am thinking perhaps I will get up and move around a bit, then take a nap. It isn't as fun as I thought it would be, taking all these naps. Being in pain takes some of the joy out of stretching out in my bed... I read two whole library books yesterday though. Why did I take out only two?

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Hi hope you are beginning to feel less sore by now. I had my appendix out a few weeks ago via laparoscopy. The belly button pain is the worse pain I ever had. Every time I moved it kind of ached for about 10 days. Even now when I wear jeans the edge of the button hole sticks in and it hurts all over again. I found putting a big blob of sudocrem on it and a small dressing in the day helped. I used to take the dressing off at night so the air got to it x

Grace said...

I had my belly button removed (emergency hernia surgery). I don't miss it. I have a 5 inch scar but I won't be wearing a bikini anyway. When I told the surgeon that, he said "Well, I won't be either!"

tracey said...

i have stalked your blog forever and have loved reading it lol sunday night i went to the hospital with my very first gallbladder attack and had to have emergency surgery bc a stone was stuck in the duct and they were concerned about gangrene, glad that was my first and last attack bc i honestly felt i was gonna die lol the 4 incions have been very pain ful almost as bad as the gas lol just wanted you to know that i completely understand the pain and i hope it gets better soon!!!

16 blessings'mom said...

Well, girls, it is nice to know that I am not alone in suffering, yet I am sorry ....there is comfort in knowing the dreaded g.b. attacks are no longer an issue....but i really thought this lariscopy stuff meant..not so mich pain, and let's just say..I am surprised. I rather feel like a big baby....but it is good to know it is normal....hope you two feel better soon, and Grace, I wont be wearing a bikini any time soon either...