summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I am outta here!!!

I am supposed to be going out the door in a few minutes, so why in the world am I blogging? I must be a creature of habit. I have to take my minivan to be inspected. The car place is in town across from the library, but the library doesn't open for a half hour after my appointment. Paul said, "Just go to the diner." hmm. And have to run for the bathroom? I think not. Yet I shall probably go there anyway.

Three kids have dentist appointments this afternoon in the small city...actually I am supposed to see the dentist, but I am swapping Margaret for me, since I do not feel like getting in the dentist chair and leaning forward several times to rinse. Nah, not up for that yet.

Then we are heading back home to drop Margaret off, then going to pick up Sam's glasses from the place in the mall in the other direction. That direction is the home of my favorite grocery store, Price Chopper. And Target is next to it. And BJ's is down there. Hmm. How much can I take today? How much will Sam put up with?

I let Sonja skip since she has one of the dentist appointments. Jonathan is not thinking this is really fair. So I comforted him that Emily said she was going to pick them up from school this Friday. He said, "Sonja too?" I told him Of Course, isn't that nice for Sonja? Hmmpf, he said. It's a good thing I try to teach them that Life Ain't Fair, or I would be really scrambling to make things even.

So I got through yesterday. I took Rosie out in the morning, then a few hours later I helped Miss Camille into some boots and her coat, and we all set out for a little walk. We had made pumpkin muffins, which we ate when we came in. By noon-ish, I was so tired I settled on the couch...Camille cuddled up with me, watching Maisy on television, and I totally zonked. She was touching my face and talking to me, I just slept. She finally got up and played Barbies in her room, I dreamed that everyone came home and asked me how on earth I could sleep with Camille up...I dozed off and on for over an hour...

I washed lots of dishes and a load of towels, made dinner...Paul came home and asked me if I am doing too much...hmm...I don't know, I am alive, aren't I?

My major incision isn't hurting as much as it was, but my whole insides still feel really wierd. Lots of gurgling, and I never know when I am going to need the bathroom QUICKly. But I am alive and kicking, and starting to want to get back into some light exercising one of these days...not today, though.

No comments: