summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

sunny and nineteen degrees here...

My old coat is too big and too old, so I just don't wear it anymore. I wear my raincoat/trenchcoat when I go out and about, but just my trusty huge blue sweatshirt for taking Rosie for walks. When it is cold, I just put a sweater on first. Well, this morning there was no sweater on the hooks by the door, and Paul was still sleeping in our room where my sweaters would be, so I just wore the sweatshirt. Rosie decided she did not want to be quick with her business, so we dawdled around while she sniffed everything, and I shivered. When I turned on my computer and saw the temperature, it made sense why I was so cold.

I had a thought this morning as I mixed the orange juice. Just one of those "seize the moment" kind of thoughts, the "this is NOW" kind of thing. I was gazing out the kitchen window without really seeing anything, thinking about random things...then I really looked, and it was beautiful out there. The sun was just starting to shine, still pinkish, on the frost covered grasses, all brown and crumpled from the previous snow. I thought, "if I were to die right now, I would die happy." Then I gave the four little ones some nice smoochy-kisses when I gave them their juice.

I am not going to complain that I am tired because I was awakened fifteen minutes before I usually wake up because I got a text saying that Katie had her baby!!! Davian Axton was born just before 6 a.m., and weighed 8 pounds. (Katie is my sister's oldest daughter)...and guess what???? My sister just called and asked me if I wanted to go see them!!! Of course I do! Camille and I are going to see a newborn. And Katie, of course.

No comments: