summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, February 9, 2012

another boring day here at home, ha.

The school kids left, but not Sam...he doesn't feel well. Paul left for work after reminding me to go pay the taxes today. The college kids had some breakfast, packed some lunch and left. The dr. office called to remind me of Kathryn's appointment today, which I had forgotten about, so I was going to call the school so I could pick her up...then before I did, into the living room she came, oops! I didn't even realize she didn't go this morning. So glad I didn't call the school!!! Anyway, I also have to pick Sonja up from rollerskating, so I have to get to that appointment in the small city, and get back here to get her.

Katie's new baby: absolutely beautiful. I have a really nice picture of big sister Grace holding him for the first time, but I didn't want to put it up without asking them first. When I held him, I almost cried. He is so perfect! Just that newborn weight in my arms, feels so right! He is so fresh and innocent and has the kissiest little round cheeks.

My sister and I tore ourselves away and let the family have some time together, went to BJ's for a bit because she still had to pick up one of her daughters from college in the small city...I got some muffins and French Toast Sticks for a special dinner for the kids, since I was going to the Dome...

Home for less than an hour, and back out the door for the basketball game at the Dome.

By the time I got home, it was around 11:00 pm. Did I go straight to bed? Nah, talked to the college kids for a while, but realized they were trying to study. Did I feel like getting out of my warm cozy bed this morning? Ha.

But here I am. It is sunny and cold this morning, but nice in here. I see so many things to get done here, but I am thinking of sneaking back into bed for a tiny little nap...I am not feeling the greatest these days. This gallbladder has been giving me trouble, aching and sore, feels like a giant bruise sometimes. I have been tired too, and in the back of my mind I am worried that when the dr. goes to remove it, he will find cancer everywhere. Okay, not a rational worry, but I know of someone who that just happened to, and I had already thought of it before I heard about it. I am not really worried this will happen, but I am so tired. Perhaps because I am getting old, and I know I do keep pretty busy. Maybe it is just a case of the Mid-winter Blahs, which really are real. Maybe I am depressed because no matter how I try, I can't keep up with matching the socks. And after all my work and denying myself, my weight loss is going so so so slow...maybe I am sick and tired of being sick and tired...but I think I will feel better after a little nap.

5 comments:

ccc said...

I hope your nap left you feeling better. I feel that naps can solve anything that is going on.

Anonymous said...

I am just wanting to send you some encouragement.
You know, all those many many sleep deprived years aren't going to disappear just because you get some more sleep now. That will take months if not years to catch up so be kind to yourself.
Also, it is the work you do in your mind, which is really 24/7, the constant remembering of appointments, chores, things to sign, pack you name it, that makes a mother tired. Now times that by the many kids you have, I am tired just thinking about it. So, be kind to yourself and have a coffee and put your feet up, listen to your body, we all know the work will always be there and is literally never-ending.

ps. don't forget to look at old photos of yourself to see how far you've come with your inspiring, simply amazing weight loss!!!

Mom said...

Just wanted to say I had my GB out in 2000. I had been horribly sick for a year and they couldn't find out why. Had every test in the book and even saw a cancer doctor. Finally had the GB function test and found out it wasn't working. It was deformed (from birth) and had abcessed. But as soon as they took it out--that same day--even after surgery--I felt BETTER! It will be a relief. Don't worry. God is with you! :-)

Martha said...

It has been a mild winter, but the dreary, grayness is the same. I was loving the sunshine yesterday, especially the morning sun that filled up my living room and made everything glow.

If only I knew what days you would be home and when you wouldn't be... Alex is pretty easy to pack up for a visit.

true blessings said...

HI Della,I'm no expert ,but you should really think twice about having your gallbladder removed,I read somewhere that when you do not eat enough good fats that the stored bile is not used up so you start feeling bad and think the GB is diseased when it is not.I suggest reading @ westonprice.org click on topics then search gallbladder and several GB articles will pop up.very interesting read,I had mine removed years ago and so regret,so maybe that's why I have a hard time losing weight.hope this was helpful.God bless you~