summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, May 22, 2021

actually, I DO work!

 Yesterday was day two of shopping for this weekend...a weekend where 60-70 people get together to work at our church conference center (maintenance, ect.).  I also had to get the food for Sunday's barbecue, for about 60 people.  

Brekky served this morning:  breakfast sandwiches with eggs, cheese, sausage on an English muffin.

Lunch:  grilled marinated chicken tortillas with peppers, onions, toppings, and chips.

Afternoon snack:  apples, cookies, drinks

Dinner:  burgers and hot dogs, French fries, watermelon.

Dessert:  brownies & whipped cream

Tomorrow morning:  scrambled eggs, bagels, yogurt, bananas, oranges

Barbecue:  pulled pork, homemade Mac&cheese (courtesy of Mariel!), hot dogs, watermelon, chips, ice cream cones...

Last evening, and Thursday evening, we assembled furniture, as our church has built some new cabins.  Each set comes in a big box, includes a loveseat, two chairs, and a table. Once you get going, it's not too bad...actually, we had tons of fun.

Miss Camille, and Emily...my youngest and my oldest.
Sonja K.
Emily...

It was hot, working.  It climbed to over 90, and here in New York, we have humidity...ugh.

This is when I picked the girls up from school, and took them for ice cream.  No pics of them with their cones, sorry!

I am supposed to be leaving soon to go help with the lunch, and the dinner, but ahh, I'm dragging this morning.  It's not like I've been sitting in this chair all morning, either.  I got the pool filter going, and I put away dishes, washed some more, vacuumed...the dog hair around here is ridiculous, as they shed.  Suri was a bad dog when we were outside, she found...a snake.  She loves playing with them, and that usually results in one dead snake.  I do not like snakes, I don't even like the word SNAKE, but ugh, you don't just kill them.  

Now I have to go back out there and clean the pool filter before I go, and I know there are snakes slithering around...blah.

Jonathan put new brakes on his car last evening.  He ordered them online, and did them all by himself, with my great nephew William, who is 12, here "helping".  Will has been watching videos of brake changes to learn how to help, because he wants to learn how to do these things.  I love it.    It took hours, and Jon was pretty greasy and messy, and hot, but he did it!  He took the car for a drive after, and they worked, those new brakes!  

 Will was here with us for dinner last night, some chicken tenders I had marinated in lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, and grilled, with some random toppings and fajitas...we're on a fajita roll, with this warm grilling weather. (The chicken was half off in Aldi, so I couldn't pass it up!)

Time to get moving again...



4 comments:

Terri D said...

Oh my gosh, all that food sounds so good! Nice that your 12-year-old wants to learn how to take care of a car. Good for him! I get worn out just reading about all that you do, all the time. Bless you!! xo

Linda said...

I was telling fellow blogger Sparky she can come and get her weather, I have had enough, LOL. (They live in southern Georgia.) I hope you have a beautiful Sunday my friend.

Susan said...

I am so impressed with Jonathan’s skill as an auto mechanic! I have always noticed how good he is with younger children and I think that has allowed him to develop great patience. ♥️Susan

16 blessings'mom said...

Terri, the food turned out really good, phew. There is always that feeling, when it's all coming together, that I've forgotten something really important, or something won't be done all the way...then when it works out well, such relief. (William the 12 year old is my sister's grandson, one of my son's friends...my youngest boy is 17 now, he's the proud owner of the old Volkswagon...:))
Linda, she can take my share of the humidity too. Today though, 78 and sunny, low humidity, perfect...
Susan, he has learned some patience. He's truly a good kid.