summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

...oot and abooot....

 ...as my Canadian friends would say.   Sonja K. is back from California, and didn't have to work today, so off we went.  We dropped off donations at the thrift store, and went to Target.  Target, where the total is always 43% more than you'd imagine it would be, especially because nothing goes into the cart without careful consideration.  Some coffee, some seltzer, trail mix, a pair of sweatpants for Miss Char, one shirt for Sonja, one pool float, a decorative metal basket ($5) that I needed like a hole in the head but was cute, a bag of cat food, some dishwashing liquid, a package of chicken breast with a $3 off coupon, a gallon of bleach, and boom, eighty six dollars.  

Library, to return books and get a new stack, I love the library.

Then, a quick stop at Aldi, for cilantro, peppers, lemon and lime juice, taco seasoning, bananas, sour cream, and...a new hanging plant ($6.99) that I needed!

Home...ah, home.  Paul has steak defrosting, Porterhouse.  This is the kind of steak I see in the store, and walk right on by.  But we actually HAVE some, because we bought that part of a cow.  It's rather exciting! So the chicken I got today went into some lime juice marinade, we'll grill it tomorrow and have fajitas.

Last night, we had grilled pork chops.  I got them for $1.29 a pound, put them in lemon juice, olive oil, and seasonings, and froze them.  Well, all defrosted and put on the grill with some bbq sauce, oh dear they were good.  We had them with Brussel sprouts cooked in the air fryer.

Do I talk about food enough?  

I'm going to junior activity club tonight...we're making birds again.  This is my prototype, I cut out all the bodies, and folded up the wings, cut out the beaks...they just have to glue!

There are some gummy worms for the birds, too.  

Ah well, off I go, to the deck, to grill!





6 comments:

Susan said...

I would love to be in the activity club! Every craft you do looks like fun, I bet those kids look so forward to Tuesday night.
So creative to think of gummy worms to go with the bird!
♥️♥️♥️♥️Susan

Terri D said...

What a cute craft project!! You find the best bargains, too! I think I would be worn out if I spent just a half day with you! My goodness!! xo

lorie said...

Sorry, I am Canadian, and never in my life have I said those words. I do say out and about.

16 blessings'mom said...

Lorie, no offense intended. I have three Canadian son-in-laws, two from the Winnipeg, Manitoba area. They tend to say "sore-y" when they say "sorry", which is FINE, differences make the world go 'round. I miss my Canadian friends like crazy. Two of my sister's daughters are married to Canadians, and live in the Ottawa area, we haven't seen them in so long...the border has to open soon, and I hope you are doing all right up there!
Susan, the kids liked making the birds, they ran around holding the strings and letting them fly!
Terri, I think you'd keep up just fine, I am very much a resting-in-between person, I do NOT go go go!

Unknown said...

Hi Della........oot and abooot is very eastern Canada. We in the west do not say that 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I love reading about your suppers etc. All sound yummy 🤤 I hope your steak was good. My favourite is rib-eye..........so delicious and tender on the BBQ...

Your craft is adorable. I’m sure the littlies had fun!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Unknown said...

Just something funny I saw on FB today

To all the states opening up, DO NOT travel to Canada.
We’re still in Time Out and can’t have any friends over.............

Hopefully one day soon!! 🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦