summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 11, 2021

when number fifteen comes along....

 When baby Charlotte Claire was born, I was a busy girl.  I already had fourteen kids...

Emily Anne, 21...I picked her up from college, her last day of her first year of nursing school, the day before Charlotte Claire was born.   (Em was with us for the birth, and was such a comfort, so nice to have her there!)  We then drove to visit my parents, my mother wasn't doing well at the time, and for the first time ever, she wasn't able to make it to the hospital to see my newborn.  So when baby Char was 3 days old, I brought her down to visit my parents.

Abigail Marie was 19

Benjamin Paul was 17 (this alone was a job and a half, that boy was a handful as a teen!)

Mariel Joy was 16

Joseph Michael was 15

Aaron Royce was 13

Molly Rose was 12

Samuel James was 10

Margaret Cheryl was 9

Kathryn Grace was 8

Evelyn Joy was 6

Suzanne Eleanor was 5

Sonja Kathleen was 4

(baby Robert would have been 3)

Jonathan Robert was 2

(I have had five miscarriages, but won't get into that...the first one was our third child, at 12 weeks, would have been born in June, so I do remember that every year, because that is also when when Robert was "born".)(Benjamin was born exactly a year later, his due date was the day I lost that baby, but Ben was a week early).  

Anyway.  When Charlotte Claire was born, I was already rather busy, but not too busy for a new blessing! We had a brand new Bumbleride stroller/pram all ready for her, and of course I recovered the car seat to match.  Miss Char was an easy baby, I think the older kids hogged her.  There were twice as many girls as boys, 10 to five...

Cam and Char, on our way to Florida
Char, cousin Dani, Cam, Jon, Potomac River, Virginia

At the National Botanical Gardens in D.C.
In front of the Capital...
Cousin Dani, Davian, Charlotte Claire, Camille (I did buy Davian a toy too!)
With Sunny
A check up...
Out of her element, ha!  
After a haircut...

At the Smithsonian...

We celebrated last evening, with Sushi, which I bought, and ginger pork, which I made, with rice, and stir-fried veggies.  There were donuts for dessert, and some fun games after dinner...we played Apples to Apples, and Jackbox, and Kahoot.  Evelyn came over, and really livened things up.  

Today is her real birthday, but off to school she went, and tonight there is jr. activity club, and dance practice for her, and Camille.

I'm making cupcakes today for one of the jr. A.C. kids, he's turning four!  The kids really like it if they each get a candle to blow out.   We're making parking lots with construction paper, and playing on the playground, maybe some play dough.  

So today is a good day, in spite of the NEWS.  King Cuomo has mandated that everyone who attends SUNY or CUNY colleges in NY state gets vaccinated.  I know many of you see no issue with this, but medicine should be individualized, this should not be ONE SIZE FITS ALL.  If someone already had it, and has natural immunity, or has clotting issues, or auto-immune issues, or whatever physical reasons they might choose not to have it, it's ridiculous.   Maybe they had one of the two shots, and got Covid, making it overkill  to get the second, if you dig deep, you will see that many doctors agree with that.  But if you take everything at face value, you will be assured that it's absolutely fine to just go ahead and get a second dose of those spike proteins, no problem!  

Well, from auto shortages to chlorine shortages, to rising gas prices...things don't look good.  Kids found left to die at the border, police quitting in droves, homicides and shootings, prisoners getting released by the THOUSANDS in California...the world is going to hell in a hand basket, and fast.  There are no Band-Aids to fix it.  More laws and regulations won't fix corruption.

It is not hopeless though.  We can each be faithful in our own little situations, bless whom we can, and pray for our country.   I also encourage you to speak out and take a stand about things that are important to you, it's vital that we retain our freedom to do so.  




5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hell in a hand basket!! Picture that! One of my daughters who lives in Canada said some are getting the vaccine (it's really not a vaccine) but the second one won't be able to be given until 4 months later. Which I think is a good thing, but what about the agenda??? She said socialized healthcare is fun! Not.. And today at the playground, a neighbor called the "bylaws" and two people dressed in black came and told the CHILDREN on the swings to mask up, or get a $300 ticket!! Can you imagine????

Linda said...

Wishing your daughter a Happy Birthday. I hope she had a lovely day, smiles.

You already know my feelings in regards to our king here. There are many loopholes to consider; as for me and my house; nope. grin

Anonymous said...

I’m on the other side I think. I’m sending my daughter 1500 miles away to college in the fall. Her school is requiring the shot and I’m relieved. I would hate for her to get sick and me be so far from her. She is living in the dorms, eating in the halls with everyone else, taking communal showers. It is so much safer in my opinion when everyone has been immunized around her.

She also had to get a few other immunizations updated to sign up for classes.

Yes, I agree it is still a choice but going to college is a choice as well.

And I still am not a fan of your governor or mine in California.

Kristi

Susan said...

Laughing at “King Cuomo”! I did not know about the chlorine shortage, had to Google that story. No gas in my little mountain town, not sure how this week will play out. Just keep looking up Della, none of this is a surprise to the Lord.
♥️♥️♥️Susan

16 blessings'mom said...

Cheryl, masks outside, even our brilliant CDC finally acknowledges, partly, that they're not necessary...for the vaccinated anyway, never mind all the thousands upon millions of people who have HAD the virus, aren't spreading it.
Linda, thank you, and :)
Kristi, I understand that, if feels safer. And yes, going to college is a choice as well. But, one size fits all still doesn't work for me, it's forcing people to get something just to make others feel safer, and to fulfill requirements of laws, that each individual doesn't necessarily need, as in someone who has already had the virus. When you look into what's actually in the vaccine, there's no way you'd want it for someone who has already had Covid. This is the way of the world now, full steam ahead, no regard for individual freedoms. But I do understand where your'e coming from, and love that you aren't a fan of our King or your Dictator, ha.
Susan, the price of chlorine shock has zoomed too! But this is true, God sees the big picture, and causes all things to work together for the good for those who love Him....