summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, May 27, 2021

doing what you like, or liking what you do?!

 Wouldn't we all just like to do what we liked doing!  We tend to gear our lives towards that, but even if you are very successful, there will be things that you do not enjoy.  That is where you can choose to have a good attitude and be thankful, or to be a huge-0 grump-a$$.  

Anyway, this fine morning, I went out to switch on the pool pump, it started purring, then...nothing.  I turned it on and off a few times, nope.  It wasn't turning on.  Oh my heart!  I know I'm a drama queen, especially when it concerns my pool.  I love it too much.  The thoughts came fast:  oh no!   How will we find a used pump when pool supplies are in such demand?  We've got this nice deck, and won't be able to swim in the pool?  oh no!!!  

Turned out it the breaker just had to be switched.  One little button pushed, and it was humming along again.

Today is a baking and cooking day, and a cleaning day.  The couch covers are in the wash, and I've been puttering around doing things.  I started a triple batch of chocolate chip cookies, and oops, we only have 3 cups of flour!  Sonja is out and about with her friends today, so she is picking some up for me.  


I'm making a big pasta salad too.  Tonight, I'll be grilling hot dogs, serving a simple dinner to our friends at church, as we've had a big week of prep for our conference weekend.  There are some new cabin buildings that needed finishing and cleaning, and outdoor furniture sets to be put together.  We've been out there every evening, so tonight there'll be dinner before everyone gets to work.  (all the young people who work get money towards their trips/youth activities) (and it's fun!)

That's a fire pit, amongst the newly planted grass.
Paul washing windows...
Emily, Camille, Char, Amanda, and Sonja...
They're cozy new places to stay for those who travel from other places...
Our friends from Canada can't come here yet, but we're hoping and praying it'll happen one of these days.


As good as new!  Those collision guys know what they're doing, you'd never know there was an accident.

Oooh boy, it's chilly today here in New York State.  Our heat and humidity have been replaced with BRRR.  It's supposed to be sunny and refreshing today, but so far it's just cloudy and cold...a perfect day to bake cookies!  

You know, I try to be real here, on my blog.  Life isn't all sunshine and roses and puppy dogs, because trials are part of life.  Big trials and little trials....like the pool filter that ended up being fine, ha.    I don't always feel hoppity skippity, but I work hard on not letting dismal thoughts rule me!  The NO FAIR thoughts, and the WHAT ABOUT ME thoughts.  God has been good to me, should I waste my days complaining?  

Ah well, the dryer has buzzed, there are clothes in the washer, and more waiting to go in.  I have food to make...and another cup of coffee is a MUST today!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi 👋 Everything is looking spick span at your church. You have all done a great job 👏 All that food sounds so yummy Della!! Have a great time tonight. That laundry never goes away, does it? I had to clean up dog 🤮three times the other evening 🤢 I’d just get the clean bedding in and she’d do it again. All that lovely, new, soft grass of spring......my dogs are part goat 🐐 I’m always go grateful I don’t have to go to the river and bash the clothes on the rocks! 😳😳

Enjoy your evening.........

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Linda said...

{{{GRIN}}} I love the keeping it real, Della. I hope you have a beautiful late afternoon Thursday and a lovely Friday.

Terri D said...

Have to keep it real!! I am always amazed at all that you do... all the time. My goodness, you are the energizer bunny!! I love visiting here! xo

Carol said...

You are a breath of sunshine each time I read your post. I feel that as a mom you truly are a blessing to your children. It seems you are always busy and yet, find time to enjoy life with them.
I love the cabin idea. How neat!!

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, I've thought that exact thing through the years, at least I can just throw it in the washer. Dogs can be a lot of work, even the really good ones, ha.
Linda, are you loving this weather? It seems we went back in time, to like FEBRUARY!
Terri, I am absolutely NOT the Energizer Bunny, ha. That's the funny thing, I am a rester, a thinker, a planner, in other words, if I can do it from my chair, count me in! I do manage to get some things done, but at a slow pace.
Carol, that's a really nice comment, and yes, I do try to enjoy life with the kids.