summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

two sides to every issue....

 ...this is actually really good news, and it should be proclaimed loudly on every news channel:


And no, you can't dismiss this because it's from Fox News, because it isn't.



The reason this is good news is obviously that those who have HAD Covid, do not need to be vaccinated! Medicine is not ONE SIZE FITS ALL!

But we all know that vaccine passports are coming, despite protests that they're not.  I've heard young people say, "I'll just get vaccinated, it'll be easier that way."  Is that how we determine what we want in our bodies?  Convenience, because of peer pressure?  

Sometimes I wish I just believed that the politicians really were concerned for our health.  Gretchen W., such a saint, cares so much about her fellow Michiganites, that she flew by private jet to Florida, then went out for dinner and drinks with a large group of friends - gasp- unmasked!  These things are fine, but when you're not only TELLING others not to do them, you have mandates and laws in place forbidding such things...  

Sorry, totally off on a tangent.  I'll stop.

But one more thing:  Did you ever hear that it's a huge conspiracy theory, a Republican ploy, that the virus is from a lab in Wuhan?  

Back to the vaccine, I am not against it, I love that it makes people feel comfortable, and that with it, life can go on with more normalcy.  I love people, and if it makes people happy, go for it.  I am also pretty convinced that it has stemmed the spread, and that's a good thing.  If the pharmaceutical companies are getting rich too, good for them.  

But, for the LOVE OF GOD, if people don't want/need/desire to be vaccinated, LEAVE THEM ALONE.  It's bad enough that colleges are requiring them.  My Sonja K. HAD Covid, yet had to be vaccinated for college.  

Okay, I'll stop.  

We have too much to be thankful for to waste so much time griping about such things.  Life isn't always fair, but we can rest assured that God causes all things to work together for the good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.  (Rom 8:28)

I am reveling in this spring weather.  It's actually in the high eighties this week, and humid, but a cold front is moving in for the weekend...tomorrow, high 70 and sunny though, I'll take it.  I have not been in our pool yet, because the water is still so cold.  I checked yesterday, and the water temp was under 70.  

I have to leave soon to bring the Jeep back to the rental agency in the small city, Sonja will drive me back home.  I had to bring Jon to get his car inspected this morning, it passed!  He replaced the rear brakes, then last night the front ones, I guess he did it right if it passed inspection.

School is winding down for the year, soon I'll have a few kids around me during the day again, and we'll go on adventures.  We do have a summer Bucket List, but I'll tell you, it's a far cry from when I had ten, twelve, fifteen, sixteen kids here in the summer.  

Every day, we'd do our morning cleaning before we could go out to the pool, and then there were the spontaneous beach days...so much work to get there!  Then when it was time to leave, ugh.  I always passed out cold drinks for the ride home, after we got all hot and sweaty packing up and loading the van...back then, there were strollers and the playpen, an umbrella, the coolers and chairs and blankets and towels...so much stuff!  Then home, and it all had to be unloaded and put away.  I was always a day late and a dollar short, but we did have fun!

And...off I go!

7 comments:

Linda said...

Someone needs to tell my employer...because they are not accepting my antibody results. In order to go maskless you must show your vaccine card...bahhooy...anyways...we all know I am not a summer person, not liking this weather at all, LOLOLOL.

Anonymous said...

This is a super long article, but it convinced me this virus came from a Wuhan lab:
https://nicholaswade.medium.com/origin-of-covid-following-the-clues-6f03564c038
It doesn't solve any right-now problems, but does make me afraid for us all. We need prayer, we need to pray!
Valerie

Martha said...

I am reveling in the spring weather also, at least as much as I am able.
I love your perspective. When I took my CNA training at the nursing home, my childhood vaccine records had been destroyed. I had to have blood drawn and checked for titers to prove my immunity to measles, mumps, rubella and chicken pox. I was not required to be vaccinated again for the two of which I'd already been vaccinated, nor the two I'd had as a child.

Katie said...

I am so happy that we are learning more about this disease and there is SOME good news in how we can move past it!! I agree, Della, this news should be shared and we should all support our scientists and universities in the important work they’re doing to study this virus so we can manage it as a society. Also much respect for going straight to the academic source. The more we do this the more we empower ourselves and stay away from manipulative media sources.

When my dad got sick, I taught myself to read the academic papers on his condition. Did I understand it as well as a doctor? Of course not! But i found it way more helpful, if more difficult, than reading other sources. It’s hard but it’s so helpful to have solid data backed info.

Anonymous said...

I think you make some really good points but charitably, when you mock Governor Whitmer for flying to Florida leaving out the detail that she did so to visit her ailing father, your point loses some of its validity.

16 blessings'mom said...

Anonymous, true: it is uncharitable of me. After all, she has been the absolutely only one in her state with a really good reason to break quarantine, no one else has a sick father, or mother...the POINT is, she had a good reason, in her mind, and in yours. But no one else has a good reason?

Brenda said...

Curious...if there were a vaccine for cancer would people take it...three leading causes of death last year cancer, heart, and COVID. If young people care about the elderly good grief take the vaccine. Kids can’t go to school without other vaccines...I see no difference...