summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, May 13, 2021

half a cow, and two thousand dollars in plane tickets!

 Happy Mother's Day to me, we finally bought half a cow!  Well, we split a half of cow with Ben and Ashley, but somehow announcing a quarter of a cow doesn't pack the same punch.  $3.50 a pound, there is burger, there are steaks, and roasts...it's amazing!   It was from a neighbor of Ben's, so truly "farm to table".  Ben also gave us a dozen eggs from their chickens, so wow, we are country folk.

The plane tickets, oh dear.  I waited too long to buy tickets to Oregon for next month, and they got pricey. Something glitched when I bought them, the transaction failed, but apparently it didn't fail all the way, it charged our card for an extra thousand dollars.  I am now waiting for American Airlines to call me back so we can fix it.  And...they called me back, want to keep my thousand dollars, to use in the future, airline credits...um, no, I don't think so!  So it's back to customer service...

Wulf is on his way over, too.  We are going on an adventure!  We are going to a big nice playground near one of the Finger Lakes, with Ashley and Elise.  (It's always nice to go with another adult, particularly when it's someone young and energetic like Ashley, just in case Wulf gets to the top of a slide and changes his mind, ha!).   If I were on my own, I would have to get another child there to give him a little push...

I went to the store yesterday, and totally cheated for dinner:  I bought the store fried chicken...I heated it up for dinner, sliced up some Brussel sprouts, tossed them in olive oil and salt and pepper, and roasted them up, and that was it.  A seriously quick and easy dinner.   I only eat the meat and veggies, but sometimes make a carb for the kids (potatoes, rice, pasta, or bread/rolls/biscuits), but I figured the chicken already had breading.  In a perfect world, I would take that breading off and only eat the chicken part, but in MY world, I choose the pieces with the most crispy coating on them, and eat every bit of it.  

Wulf will be here any minute now, so off I go to change into playground clothes...



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Della 👋 That is a bummer with the airline. They are truly horrible to deal with mostly.........some worse than others so good luck. We had a big problem with Air Canada coming back from Australia 3 years ago. We had a very early flight so stayed at a hotel right at the airport for convenience. Well we were just getting ready to hop into bed and I looked at my email......this at 11pm...........to this...

YOUR 7 AM FLIGHT TOMORROW HAS BEEN CANCELLED.

all in bold print. No we’re sorry, no we’re booking you on a different flight! Nothing. So my husband went over to the airport...of course no one at the AC booth. So we got on the phone, everything busy, busy. Finally my husband dug deep enough into their website and found a number in Canada, we got hold of someone and he booked us on a flight the next night at 8 pm. So needless to say I won’t be going anywhere with them again. I’ve heard others have had the same problem 😝 I let them know how much we were out of picket with extra hotel, food etc and they said they would give me a voucher for future travel. NO THANKS. So that’s my sob story for the day.

That’s great about the 1/4 beef!! And the eggs!! Yum 🤤

Have fun with little Wulf 🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Terri D said...

Yum to that fried chicken and Brussel sprouts! Sure hope the airline can fix the glitch! Good grief!! The park sounds like fun! xo