summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, May 24, 2021

random, for a change!

 

Suri likes to lie around on the deck and keep an eye on things.
Sunny is more likely to follow me back inside.  She can open the door by herself though, and let herself back in.
Orange Guy is a hunter.  He had a chipmunk the other day, NO, leave those alone, but if you see a cute little mouse, please pounce!

It's almost time to put away the fake tulips, and get out something more summery...(I do love fake flowers, I'm an old lady!)
I like real ones too...

Anya is such a good writer!  
And, she writes such nice things!

Elise is getting there, too!  She's such a Me-Too little sister, it's good that Anya is such a good girl, because Elise is copying everything!



Some chocolate chip cookies yesterday afternoon, and the sprinkle ones with no chips for Cam.   Yes, when you're the youngest of sixteen, you are a little bit spoiled.

After the barbecue yesterday afternoon, the kids had a few friends over, so yeah, I made cookies.  It was a cool, cloudy afternoon, spitting a little rain, so they played board games.  I made some popcorn, stovetop in coconut oil, mmm.  Then they were STILL hungry, so I made them a tray of pulled pork nachos...I had brought home some leftover pulled pork, so it was easy peasy.

The weekend went well.  
Emily and Camille, my oldest and my youngest...
Miss Charlotte Claire...she didn't mind cooking the peppers and onions, she just didn't like mom taking her pic.
Slicing those peppers...
Irene and Sonja K. grilling the chicken...
Miss Grace, and Carmen, and the brownies I made for dessert.  (Grace is my sister's oldest grandchild, I was there when she was born, she is very precious...and she is Valedictorian this year!)

And this was just funny...

Today is a beautiful day, warm and sunny.  I've swept and washed dishes, watered the flowers, turned on the pool filter, have laundry in...I've got to clean up and vacuum the guest room and wash bedding, Sam and Grace and little Grant are coming this weekend!  

This afternoon, I am picking Camille up from school early for an orthopedic appointment for her knee.  She has been working hard exercising to strengthen it, hoping to avoid surgery!

It's going to be a busy week, as we are having a soccer tournament/gathering at church this weekend, so the evenings will be full of things to do to get ready.   It's nice to be busy, I do appreciate my down time, but being with my friends is golden.  A disclaimer though:  I do NOT have a lot of energy.  I go at a slow pace, and take breaks.  I simply do what I can do, give what I can, because then there is blessing.  
"Bring all the tithes into the storehouse,
That there may be food in My house,
And try Me now in this,"
Says the Lord of hosts,
"If I will not open for you the windows of heaven
And pour out for you such blessing
That there will not be room enough to receive it."  Malachi 3:10

Ah well....too much to do to sit here, but oh my, what a comfy chair...



6 comments:

Susan said...

I love the message that Anya sent. I am remembering when she was little and lived on the west coast. You went out to visit and were heartbroken because she was so shy around you. Amazing how things have a way of working out!! ♥️♥️♥️Susan

Unknown said...

Hi Della 👋 That is precious what Anaya wrote to you 🥰🥰Elise too 🥰🥰 Just gorgeous. I LOVE the look on Charlotte’s face cooking the peppers and onions! If looks could kill 🤣🤣🤣 So funny. It looks as though everything went well for all the meals for the weekend.... well done Della. I’m sitting in my big comfy chair too, listening to the wind whipping around. Sunny and Suri are like our dogs ........one wants to be out all the time and Bindi follows me all over, even to the toilet!!

Have a lovely evening......

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Terri D said...

Those sweet little notes are just the best! Keepers!! Growing up I had friends who had 12 kids in the family. It was crazy chaos at their house and was so much fun! Their mom would make a 19x12 cake and it was gone in a minute. They had a milk machine like you see in restaurants or schools that kept gallons of milk cold and you just lifted the weight to fill your glass. I lost track of them a hundred years ago but will never forget them. Your posts bring back fun memories for me!!

Joybells said...

I love your food, Della! You are always making it, and it sounds so good. Congrats on getting all that cooking done for the weekend!!

Joy from Salem

Joybells said...

Oh and those crayon-written notes are SO sweet!! Children are precious and they give love so freely. <3 <3

Joy

Billie Jo said...

Love those precious cards! What a good job! I love the way your family spends time together. We do the same. You are such an inspiration, my friend. Have a cozy day.