summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 28, 2008

14 hours seems long, seems short

Well, I wrote a whole post, and the wireless went south, so I had to re-connect, and now I don't feel like writing it all again..

Today was a challenging day, but pleasant...14 hours....that's how long I juggled the younger kids.....Charlotte Claire and Camille had a different nap schedule...at one point, they were both in bed, and I had ten minutes of peace and quiet...

I did end up taking them to McDonalds....Samuel, Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, Camille, and two of the kids' friends, Caleb and Bethany....yay for the dollar menu and the indoor (airconditioned) playground....Jon and Charlotte Claire just loved running around...they loved the slides....red-faced and smiling, they did not want to leave....but two hours was enough....Camille was fussing for tastes of stuff, and she actually drank about 5 ounces of formula....she was partial to french-fry tastes, though..I hate giving my kids this food, but it sure was fun....even the little ones know it isn't good for them, but I tell them it's okay occasionally...and they didn't have their own fries, two kids for every $1 pack of fries......

Tomorrow is a graduation party at my brother's house, I am excited....he has ten kids, the youngest is 13 now....and my sister with the seven daughters will be there, and my other brother with 12 kids....my younger brother with 2 kids is on vacation...and my other older brother with 1 son will be there, hopefully...and I have one very special brother who isn't married, and has no kids....he is the nice guy who took such tender care of my parents when they were sick....it is good to see my siblings...(there are seven of us).....and all the nieces and nephews....and it is sad to get together without my parents....

It is hot and muggy here in the Northeast...probably nothing compared to down south, but we only have a few window air-conditioners....and we don't even have them running...so sleeping is a bit hard.....but when you're tired enough....and I think tonight, I am tired enough....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful get together. My mom had 2 siblings and the one nice one died a couple years ago. He doesn't have children. The snotty thinks he is almighty one doesn't come around and he has 2 kids that are the same way. And on my dads side of the family he had plenty of siblings but they all had a falling out when i was tiny and i don't talk to my dad anyway.

So its just us, bobbys mom has no siblings either lol.

My siblings are too young for kids, well actually i had kids at both their ages (21, 23) but they aren't interested in children. (oh what they are missing out on)

But no ac running right now? I would so die!! Seriously lol.

debi9kids said...

OH wow! Your siblings all have so many children as well. How great! I have 11 siblings, but I am the only one so far with a huge family.