summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

the third of june

a cloudy day...good day to get things done, so what's wrong with me? I guess my morning routine was different today, and it just messed me up....I went to Kathryn's 4th grade play, the American soldiers salute...I had to leave at 9:30 am, too early for me, and I left behind a messy house, which was waiting here when I got home....but Kathryn was thrilled that I showed up....she took baby Camille with her to show to all her friends...Camille was quite popular at school today...she absolutely loved the poor fourth grade boy sitting in front of me...she kept patting him, and grabbing his hair...he would turn around and smile at her and she would squeal with delight...I had to leave the auditorium....I love visiting the elementary school...I have a kindergartener, a first grader, second grader, and a fourth grader....and lots of nieces, nephews, and friends there....there's something about being with all those kids that makes me feel like a kid again...

My mother-in law came to visit while I was gone this morning, how embarassing....the kitchen floor was swept, and that's about it....there was a pair of dirty socks on the deck, right at the top of the stairs...I saw it there yesterday...but never found out whose they were, and certainly didn't pick them up...how I wish I had! I would have picked up alot of other things, too, if I knew she was stopping over this morning....oh well...I just think people assume that when you have so many kids, you are slobs, and it isn't true....we're just clutter-ier (now THAT should be a word)....and we need a little notice to get ready for company....

My dear Charlotte the monkey has gone down the hall, so I have to go see what she is up to....never ignore that nagging feeling....oh, and Mr. Jonathan threw up a few times today....never a dull moment....

1 comment:

Pam's Pride said...

I so totally know what you mean about people stopping by when your house is not on its best behavior!! That is how it seems to happen here at my house too. I hope your little Jonathan starts feeling better soon and that your whole family is all feeling their best the rest of the evening!