summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 23, 2008

the last day of school!!!!!

Margaret has completed 5th grade...she came home with several awards...and this is the face she made when I asked her to hold up the plaque for high honor roll all year....exasperated with mom? It smells so good in our house, if you like polyurethane fumes....the first coat is now on. Tomorrow we shall sand....then apply a second coat....I don't know how many times we will do this, as it gets a bit tiring, and the kids are so busy...keeping them away from the wet tables is challenging, to say the least.....and we can't eat in there, so it's good it's been nice out.....

Mariel and I were thinking of doing some grocery shopping tomorrow....but it is the first day of vacation. Not that the kids would care, sometimes they like it when I'm gone, so they can eat all the freezepops, and watch tv....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

when do the kids go back to school? Catherine has been out since may 20th but she goes back like the first day of august. I figure you guys will go back way after us.

I can't wait to see the tables, so cool!!

16 blessings'mom said...

They usually go back to school on the Wednesday after Labor Day. Isn't it too hot to have school in August? Do your schools have air conditioning?

Oh, the tables....why, oh why did I ever start this this project??? I am too lazy to get up and work on them, but I HAVE to finish them....

Anonymous said...

oh yes air conditioning is standard in every building here :) Its been in the 90s for the couple of weeks here, im about to die lol.

The humidity makes it even worse lol.

Ok going back to bed. I can't sleep, my hips hurt, boy does sleeping on my back sound SO good (and i NEVER like sleeping on my back lol) so tylenol here i come and back to bed.