summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, June 26, 2008

summer day at home

My camera batteries are charging, so I am borrowing Molly's camera, which I like.....here is Camille trying to grab the camera strap....I have no strap on mine, so this hasn't been a problem... She wants the whole camera...

Aaron is so good with Charlotte Claire...


Margaret and Kathryn decided to surprise the little kids with a tea-party today...and I was invited. I came in and sat down, the tea was all made, and some nachos, and some chocolate....



Here is Margaret (with the sunglasses on her head)....notice Charlotte Claire sitting on the bench? No booster seat? Suzanne was excited...Evelyn is holding Camille, who likes to join in...


This was on Molly's camera from yesterday, and it shows what a beautiful day we had....





Miss Molly Rose....






Suzanne....(notice Charlotte Claire in the hole behind her??)








Here are Samuel ,12,and Molly 14, in the van....








Sonja, Jon, and Charlotte Claire on the beach....

Today we decided the tables are done, so we moved the old ones out, and set them up...the tops have spots of excess polyurethane, but we don't care anymore....we are sick of having four tables set up, and all the chairs in the kitchen in a group to trip over....
So, they brought the nicer table down to Joseph's room, and threw the older one over the side of the deck...my bigger kids were having quite a time, smashing it up, to burn the wood legs (the top is laminate)....it was so much fun, they decided to smash some more stuff...the old printer, an old stool, a broken gamecube.....they got the axe, and the baseball bat....they were laughing....then they cleaned it all up...they aren't maniacs, really....but it sounds like it, doesn't it?










5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My gosh the tables look awesome!! Love them! Love the beach you guys go to too. The beaches around here, ok well the beaches 7 hours from here lol are so hot and humid right now...ick. But catherine asks so often to go back. Im gonna have to find a mini beach somewhere here in alabama i think lol. (you know, something that looks like a beach and the ocean that will satisfy her lol)

Anyway im up and its way early for me and i was browsing :)

Martha said...

The tables look great! I can just see everyone gathered around for supper (or Thanksgiving maybe...)

Love the beach pictures. Now I definitely have to take my kids, well, the few I have left anyway, and maybe Sara and Alysa too. Bethany (my daughter) could go along and bring Josh too.

Jennifer said...

What an amazing family you have! I love your kitchen table I'm guessing you made it? I'll have to get my husband to examine the picture and make me one ;)
Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Angela & Albert Fontenot said...

Hi!
I love your blog! I just found yours as well. I think your family is amazing and I love all the pictures. I'm so exicted that I found you!
angela fontenot
fontenotkids.blogspot.com

16 blessings'mom said...

Jennifer, we didn't make the tables, we barely finished them! What I mean is that we bought them unfinished (bare wood), then sanded, stained, polyurethaned, sanded....ect...and didn't do such a great job...but you can't really tell, and they look a heck of a lot better than the old ones: an oval one and a rectangle stuck together...and with the addition of 2 six foot benches along one side, we actually all fit at the table now!