summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 2, 2008

laundry laundry laundry

is the little song of my life....I don't really mind washing clothes, but come on....I read the comics the other day, and the mom was complaining about doing laundry...the little girls said there are countries where women still wash clothes in the stream....and the mom said, "Don't you dare put my life in perspective without my permission!"...

So far, no one else is barfing....I just hope they don't wait until this weekend when I'm gone!! I feel guilty enough leaving Paul with the younger kids...but he'll have Joe and Aaron to help...I will have Emily, Abigail, Mariel, and Molly with me...and of course Camille....I am driving the big van, but staying with my sister and very close friend, Cheryl, I think at a hotel....the 20 youth girls are camping in tents...my sister and I? I think not. I think her and I deserve a little vacation....

I called to get the A.C. fixed on the big white van this morning....the guy said he could look at Wednesday....I told him I needed it by Friday morning...he said it would be fixed unless he needed parts and they weren't in stock...I told him I really really need it by Friday....I blabbed on and on about our trip, and how we were heading south, and it is supposed to be 90degrees here, and even hotter down there....and he said to bring it in tomorrow...Thank you, sir. It pays to get a bit personal in these things....

Yeah, so our refridgerator is nice except for the abundance of fingerprints on the front...the kids say that now mom has a new thing to crab about...Excuse me? I promised I won't be too bad about it...Oh how those boys grumbled about moving the old 'fridge downstairs...Aaron wanted to throw it off the deck...No way, I said, it is a perfectly good refridgerator, to which he replied, "Which makes one wonder why mom bought a new one when the old one is perfectly good..." One of the little girls said mom bought a new one to be like the Duggars.....

So today 7 out of 10 school kids are home....Mariel: isn't up yet, so I don't know...Joe: doesn't feel well...Sam: throwing up....Margaret: doesn't feel well...Kathryn: doesn't feel well, Suzanne: throwing up...and Sonja: says she doesn't feel well....how many of these kids legitimately are sick, don't ask, I don't know...but they aren't allowed to play computer when they stay home....I think I hear Joe's guitar though.....So Aaron, Molly, and Evelyn are the only ones in school....

Our pool isn't running yet...I called Paul at work, and he is stopping on the way home for the supplies...hopefully by tomorrow we can swim....as for the hot-tub, I sometimes think I am only hallucinating that there is a hot-tub sitting out there....my brother and his family have been sick too, so I haven't talked to him about getting it going...it has been sitting there not hooked up for almost 9 months now....but, when it gets going, it will be great...

I have to go switch laundry over....

3 comments:

Cassandra said...

HI Della
I hope none of your other kids get sick, and i hope you have a great time this weekend, Congrats on the new fridge too, what a bargain!

Anonymous said...

awww i hate when the kids are throwing up. Well let me change that, catherine throws up at least once a week but always makes it to the bathroom (if she overeats, gets too hot, coughs to hard, chokes even a little, etc) but when connor throws up its everywhere!!

Have fun this weekend!!!

16 blessings'mom said...

Heather, I had a few kids who used to throw up: when they were scared, (dr. appt.s, field trips for school, etc), when they coughed or gagged, even when they laughed to much...one of my daughters even threw up at the orthodontist...and thanks guys, I will have fun this weekend...I hope Camille co-operates with the long van ride....