summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 14, 2008

strawberries!

They are expensive this year...some of the kids went a few miles from here, and picked12 quarts...I washed them, the girls cut them and put them in the 'fridge, and they are mostly gone...we have to go picking again, I guess....

Some of the older kids have been going for a few hours each morning and picking berries to earn 50 cents a quart....it is backbreaking (from my perspective), but they to earn some money...and when they work so hard to get it, it makes it a bit harder for them to spend....

Paul and I went out for dinner tonight! He asked me this afternoon out of the blue if I wanted to go, and of course I said yes....we are together here with the kids, but it is so difficult to have a conversation. So, the older girls watched the kids, and we went for some Chinese....we even put
Camille to bed, but she woke up when we were gone - oops! But what put a damper on the dinner was the little boy in the next booth barfing....I felt sorry for him, and for his family, they seemed embarrassed, and they left......but I felt a little queasy, and it sort of ruined my appetite....not completely, but you know how it is....Paul had his back to them and he kept saying not to look....but just the idea!

Joe has one of his friends over, and they are making smoothies....goodbye icecream...these boys are eaters...but they are enjoyable to have around.

Three of the little girls are spending the night at their cousin's house tonight...my niece is married, and just moved into her house...the little girls (Kathryn, Evelyn, and Suzanne) have been packing and planning all day...I found out they called their cousin at 8 this morning to ask her what they should bring....the planning is half the fun...

No comments: