summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 7, 2008

we are here

In the van for hours and hours and hours is trying for all of us but the poor little girl here was so good....it took over 10 hours to get to our final stop.....
This was just the funniest thing ever: a 50 cent toll, and my sister didn't have change....she put the dollar in the machine, and it rejected it, over and over again while the traffic behind us backed up, someone was honking, and we were taking pictures....then when I got up there with the 15 passenger van, loaded to the gills with girls, I put in 50 cents and the gate wouldn't open...the girls said it was now 75 cents....I parked, got out, put in another quarter, the attendent showed up, mentioned I had an oversized load, that some of the girls should just get out....that it was $1.25....I had to go back to the van for more money....the honking increased, and I was laughing so hard I could hardly walk...

The girls are camping, all 22 of them, at the ocean, and we are at a hotel nearby...just my sister and I...we had a nice relaxing time in the hottub and pool, while nice little Camille slept peacefullly in the carriage....
I forgot the extra diapers, but luckily we're in the U.S. of A. and there is a Wallyworld around every corner.....
Tomorrow we might go buy a couple of chairs, and go to the ocean....

2 comments:

Martha said...

I hope you enjoy your time away from home. The ocean sounds heavenly right now, but the lake breeze is nice too.

I am working on remembering your kids' names but had to look through old posts to find them all. Now if I can only get the right name with the right face... Those curly haired boys will be tricky.

Pam's Pride said...

I am so glad you took a pic of the toll booth trouble! That is so funny!! I think I would have been laughing my pants off too!! Thanks for sharing with us!! That is awesome that Camille is doing so good on the trip!!
The beach sounds like so much fun!!