summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

home at last

I went grocery shopping with Mariel, Molly, Abigail, and Camille....and of course we went to
Target...I bought Camille a new bed...actually it is a Graco travel-bed...it is cute, and pink gingham with floral trim...she has to move out of that carriage, and our crib is occupied by one Charlotte Claire, who is not more than 2, and who needs to be kept in a crib....my old Graco bed is 11 years old, and very well used....it's hard to use it for the beach, and outside when the baby uses it for a bed to sleep in....and the real reason: this one is so cute! I just love baby stuff. It has a little canopy on it, and I thought she might like to snuggle in under it like the carriage....I guess I am more than a little afraid to move Miss Dream Sleeper herself into something different, as if it will break the spell or something...

I am very tired, and Camille is in bed...we are going to the beach tomorrow....we made some hamburgers and put them in the freezer....and got the plates, cups, and chips packed.....and the blanket is already in the van.....we need to remember my chair, and the beach toys, as if they would forget those....and a huge stack of towels..we will have all 15 seats of the van occupied, as Paul has to work, Ben has to work, and Emily the nurse has to work....so only one vehicle.....and no double buckling......this beach is on Lake Ontario, and there is one nice shady spot, with grass....I like to set up our stuff there.....then go down to the beach....now that some of the kids are older, it is much easier, one or more of them can watch the little ones if I need to get the baby out of the sun, or change a diaper....I honestly don't know how I used to do it when they were little....and I did take them alot of places by myself....I am not a sit at home person, I like to go places and have adventures....so, if you have 2 or 3 or 4 kids, and you see me with all mine, and you wonder how I manage: it is easier now, in many ways....except most people don't need 14 towels for a day at the beach.....and 21 hamburgers, 20 hotdogs, 2 bags of Doritos......

The older kids were working everyday picking strawberries, but the owner called and told them it was such a lousy year here, weather wise, it wasn't worth them coming anymore....so that's why most everyone is free to go to the beach....

3 comments:

debi9kids said...

Wow! It sounds like you have an exciting day ahead tomorrow.
I agree, I have NO idea how I did it when i had all little ones! I too went everywhere, but I guess that's why I have no memory...it's just a blur. LOL
ow it is soooo much easier with older kids to help.
Have a GREAT day!

Martha said...

This is the last day of school here and I have three children getting off the bus at my house at noon. I also like to go places and enjoy adventures (Maybe this is why I feel so cranky lately.) but kids other than my own (those getting off the bus...) keep me from going out to explore the world today.

Not long ago I took five childrn out shopping at Ames with little to no trouble and they were all preschoolers. Two sitting in the back of the cart, one in the seat, and two holding on to the sides. People looked at me funny but it was all part of the adventure. I actually enjoyed my babysitting job.

Enola said...

Wow! Hands full. I went to the grocery store last night and begged my husband to keep my daughter so I could go ALONE. It was so nice. I came home with just the right amount of stuff - minus the 4 bags of cookies that got stuffed in the buggy last time DD was along :) And I got to use coupons too.