summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 21, 2008

the promise of a new day

When I woke up and realized it was Saturday, I was so excited I couldn't go back to sleep. (so I guess I am still a little young at heart). Why am I so happy? Because we have no plans. It is an empty slate, this day. I got up and took a shower and washed my long tangly hair. Now I am ready for this day. What will we do? Where will we go?

All the older kids (except Ben):Emily, Abigail, Mariel, Joseph, Aaron, Molly, and Samuel are at the youth weekend. So Paul and I are here with Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jon, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. It seems so quiet and empty. Just think: dinner with only 9 at the table (and one on my lap)....

There is an unfinished furniture store in a nearby town. We bought our oak coffee table there 15 years ago, and it is still standing. I would like to go there and see if we can get a dining room table.....we have two tables put together, which isn't too bad except one is oval and one is rectangular, and one is kind of broken and the leaf rests on the other table, which makes for some possible calamities....and it looks rather sloppy....but it does match the chair collection: 2 painted yellow, some metal folding, some pine regular chairs, two nice swivel chairs (for mama and papa bear).....I would like to get some benches, and keep our wooden chairs (and mama and papa's chairs).....so maybe I will go here today.

Well, the kids want my help: I promised them cinnamon rolls and scrambled eggs....now why did I do that?

2 comments:

Martha said...

"It seems so quiet and empty. Just think: dinner with only 9 at the table (and one on my lap)...."

Somehow, even though our numbers totalled just nine, I can relate to this. I need to come and visit you someday...

Anonymous said...

I laughed when you listed the kids that would be home (8 i think?) and how quiet it was LOL

mine are gone to their dads and even though its just 2 and i miss them tons its SO quiet...

im so excited about their being 3, you make me want a HUGE family...but you know being a single stay at home mom might be a problem if i had anymore then 3 but hey i can dream right? One day i might meet a rich nice sweet man who wants a huge family (and will let my mom live with us too) thats not too much to ask for right?