summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 30, 2008

summer monday

I didn't realize how good I had it when Charlotte Claire still stayed in her crib in the morning until we rescued her....now she gets out and opens her door, which is thankfully a really loud door....this morning she greeted me with these lovely pen marks all over her... Whenever I get the camera out, Jon jumps in....here he is with some of his keys...notice Sonja in the background, she just woke up....they like to bring their blankets out to the couch in the morning....I love it that school's out for the summer....then they can sit there for as long as they want to....
Suzanne shows off some of her new jewelry....



pretty, very pretty....

I am taking a little break this afternoon....Camille is awake on the floor and Abigail is taking the kids, plus two of their friends, in the pool......I have an appointment tomorrow, then an eye dr. appt. Wednesday for Aaron.....at Sears Vision, which is in Sears, which is in the mall....how many children will I end up taking? How much money will I end up spending? There is an Aldi next to the mall....I don't buy too much as far as pre-packaged foods go, but Aldi is a German grocery chain that stocks like 1300 products compared to like 40,000 in a regular store, and the stores are about 1/3 the size...their strategy is to stock 90% of the items people buy the most in the most popular size or flavor....it is easy to whip through there quickly....their milk, bread, and produce is very cheap, and the quality is okay....their canned goods are also cheap, and not too bad....a good place for us to stop into once and a while...
We are eating chocolate. Our family skews all the per capital consumption data.....we don't eat very much junk food, but chocolate goes fast around here....what can be better in the slump of the afternoon than a chunk of a big Hersey bar? Or cracking open a bag of peanut M&Ms?


This Thursday is the opening of the County Fair...last year I took the kids for the $1 ride afternoon....I plan to do that again...Sam is going to a birthday party, so it will probably only Margaret on down, and maybe Molly will be going to help....the kids are looking forward to it...
Joe, 17, Mariel, 18, Aaron, 15, and Ben, 19, are in here (the living room) and it's hard to type....I think I'd rather be talking to them...

No comments: