summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

the brat and the hat

Okay, so this chair is up on the top of the t.v.cabinet. Can you guess why? When the other kids go to bed at night, Charlotte Claire likes to go in and wreak havoc.....so we put a gate across the hall....but tonight she got smart....so Molly got smarter.... So, these three were peacefully having story time....
Charlotte Claire wanted Jon to wear this hat.

She put it on his head several times....





She thought this was very funny...



Jon did not want to wear the hat....






So, he took it off and threw it on the floor....



She tried again.....






Maybe Abigail wants it on?





Oh well, Charlotte Claire knows how to disrupt a good story time....persistance is not a virtue in her case.....
Camille Anaya had a well-child check-up today.....so I left Emily here with the kids, and the three we were babysitting, too. They were pretty interesting, they are really beautiful kids. The little guy, almost 2, cried for over an hour and a half....but when he finally stopped, he started smiling and stayed happy all day.....they really like our gargantuan toy supply....they had dollhouse stuff, trucks, and cars all over the living room....Anyway, Camille's check-up was fine....she only gained 6 ounces in 2 months, but she's been sleeping through the night for months now...I need to up her food intake, and I think I'll try to supplement her with a little formula...because she is so distracted by the activity around here, and doesn't always nurse properly....and I do run around alot, some bottles here and there would be okay...
I have to take my big van in tomorrow because it was recalled for broken seatbelts....and the driver's seatbelt doesn't buckle at all...I drape it over my shoulder so I don't get pulled over.... I need a day at home to get caught up again, but I guess that'll have to wait until Friday...
Mariel, 18, and Aaron, 15, are really big brats....they went on a bike ride today...fine. They informed me they were going. And sometimes they go pretty far....they left around one o'clock....then I went to the dr. appt., then grocery store, then home, and they were still gone on their bike ride....5 hours! I started to worry....then Paul went to look for them in the truck, and I thought we should call the police....then they came riding into the yard around 7:00....and boy, as glad as I was that they were okay, I was upset with them.....I mean, when you are gone for 6 hours on a bike ride.....I told them next time they take a cell phone....they don't want to, because the time they took one, they had bike trouble and they needed it....so therefore, if they have it they will need it....logical. They went up to Lake Ontario.....they went on a bike trail....38 miles in total.....if I had known they planned to go there, I wouldn't have been worried sick. They have no idea what it is like to be a mother.








No comments: