summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

another day....

But first, here is what went on here last night....Charlotte Claire brattily intercepting Miss Camille's plans....
But she redeemed herself.....she had only a diaper on because she had to have a bath after dinner. Her soup was in a large shallow bowl, her "Froggy" bowl....and she apparently thought it was a waste of time to use the spoon. When she tried to drink it, it went all over her face and hair......and I missed the picture! She had her little bath, then ran around in her diaper before we could capture her and make her dress.....

Samuel James......after big sister Mirielle gave him a buzz....

Here he is before....now to me it is sad to cut off those curls, but.....




Suzanne Eleanor...she likes to write books. Last night, the thing to do in the living room was to play in the empty bins. When I cleaned up Charlotte Claire's room on Saturday, there were 3 empty bins when I finished, because things go put on the shelves. So, they have been playing in the bins. First, you line it with a nice clean comforter or blanket, and voila, you have a cozy little place to read, play, or fight in. This evolved into fit as many kids as you can into each bin, and rock them 'til they fall over.....yes, we had a relaxing evening....

Charlotte Claire isn't always a handful. She was reading Clarice Bean.....


So, here I am. I am feeling better than yesterday, but not 100% yet. I had a morning nap yesterday, and an afternoon nap, and still fell asleep on the couch at 10:30.....I got up at 2:00, when Benjamin came in from delivering pizzas, and washed up, brushed my teeth, and got into bed. Wide awake. Rats. Fell asleep. Camille woke up. I lay still, hoping she would go back to sleep. Nope. Nursed her, got back in bed. Wide awake. Fell asleep, finally. Camille awake again. Nursed her again. Back in bed again. Fell asleep. Then, before it seemed possible, time to get up and get the kids ready for school...rats. And I hadn't gotten their clothes out last night, so I had to do that....and of course the skirt I got for Suzanne was too short, and I had to go get another one....but they got dressed, fed, brushed, and out the door to school. And here I am. I SHOULD be running around catching up.....but....nah.
I did do alot of laundry yesterday. One of my kids, I won't mention who, decided to do a load of wash yesterday. I went in there to check on what they did with the large load of light colored clothes that were in the dryer.....and : they were on top of the dryer, falling all over.....the load of darks from the washer, still dripping wet from failure to spin properly, were in the dryer....in a puddle of water. I had to remove the things from the washer, and put the wet things back in to spin again, and there was actually an inch of water in the dryer....I mopped it up, and called the child into the laundry room....my head was pounding, I felt faint, and I made the child cry. rats. I called the child back, and apologized, said I just wanted to let them know not to do these things, but thank you for doing your own laundry, ha, I do love you, now don't go down to your bed and start feeling sorry for yourself, because when you do that, all sorts of thoughts come that aren't true, like no one likes you, ect......I gave un-named child a big hug, and was so thankful to God, that His word stands true, even when I feel awful.....I mean, if there was ever a time when I felt like just slapping someone!!! Even when I was speaking and making child cry, I was conscious of trying not to be too rough, but apparently I was.....I am thankful to be able see myself! Thankful that God can speak to me....and I can be gentle where roughness was, and follow Jesus on this way.....





3 comments:

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

I am so blessed by your humility as a mother. You are a Godly example. Thank you for your candidness...I have learned a lot this morning from you.

I always try and remember that it isn't so much the thing I did wrong, but what I do to fix it. Thank God you are instilling a character of forgiveness and helpfulness in your children. What a blessing.

xoxo, Veronica in CA

KrustyLynn said...

There are so many times that parents yell at their kids and never apologize. That's really important. Good for you!!

Lilium said...

aww sam's haircut! He's such a dork. y no pics of me? xxx