summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

no staying home today

Well, Paul came home with a nice present for us yesterday......flooring for the livingroom...


This isn't enough for the whole floor, but there are lots of Lowe's around, and lots more flooring there. It is laminate, but it looks so much like wood, it is hard to tell....the grooves/contours match with the imprinted grain, making it seem real....it will wear much better for us than real wood, we think....
Aaron took this picture after Camille made me put away my computer last night....(which Aaron ended up with)





Here is Mr. Aaron....




Jonathan likes his cuddles still....





Snuggly....
Kathryn Grace, just relaxing....







I am glad I got to stay home both Monday and Tuesday. I did send Mirielle to the grocery store Monday, for some milk, bread, bananas, oranges, apples, and burger....

Today, I have to take 2 girls to the dentist. So of course because I am so nice, I am taking 4 girls with me.....when they hear of their sisters getting picked up, the begging starts. So fine, if Sonja and Suzanne want to be picked up an hour early and sit in the dentist waiting room with me, fine. I enjoy their company. And it does save them from a long boring bus ride. Rides in our big white van are never long and boring.

Mirielle has so graciously agreed to hold down the fort this afternoon, meaning I can leave Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille here....Jon doesn't nap anymore, but the girls will be in bed anyway.....no fun dragging busy little girls to the dentist office during naptime. Especially now that the dentist has that nice new water dispenser that makes the kids all thirsty.....
So, even though I would rather stay home, I am excited about going bye-bye with Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, and Sonja. They are 10 (almost 11), 9, 8, and almost 7 now....my little girls, all growing up. They have so much fun together, but they also fight like cats. They have enjoyed the nice weather, because outside they can do gymnastics, which is the thing here right now. Believe me, when they do cartwheels in this living room, it is not fun. Feet have come down on toys and kids.
Now that we have some of the flooring, the work begins....we have to clear out the living room....ugh. Mirielle and I have a "sewing table", which now is home to the keyboard....and we haven't sewn in ages....so, the keyboard is going to Mirielle's room...and we re-sort all of our sewing stuff, which is needed anyway. Mirielle is going to make some dresses for spring.......I won't tell whether or not she is making them out of a really nice sheet set we got at Target for 75% off, because I wouldn't want to embarrass her. But I will get some pictures when she starts. Anyways, it has to all be cleaned up and packed up....we will obviously be ripping up the carpet and putting down the flooring one section at a time...so our nice lovely peaceful quiet lives will be temporarily crazy....ha.
Camille wants me....

5 comments:

FLmom7 said...

Your floors are going be be beautiful, and functional! I have laminate floors like that but mine are darker. We've had them for 3 years and I love them. They really do look like wood but are much more practical.

I laughed when you talked about your kids doing gymnastics everywhere. My 3-9 yr olds all love to do gymnastics too, but I only love it when they do it outside;-)

cheryl said...

The flooring looks quite nice!! How exciting!! Although the prep work won't be exactly "fun", just remember what our mother used to say: It's painful to be beautiful.. and I guess that might go for our homes, as well.

AUTISMOMMA said...

Woohoo! Laminate! You never cease to amaze me with how you guys get things done. We just put laminate in three rooms and a hallway and entryway and I thought THAT was tough with only two children. You are incredibly brave. BTW, we LOVE the floor and I'm sure you will too since it is so much easier to keep clean than carpet...as I'm sure you already know.

16 blessings'mom said...

Oh,please don't be amazed...it is still sitting there in the boxes! I am certain it will be pretty out of order and crazy in here as we install it....but I am excited about it....

mommeeof10 said...

We had laminate floors installed in hubby's workshop. It was half the price of having another layer of plywood and tiles installed over the subfloor. It looks great and is easy to clean.