summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, March 14, 2009

me-me

That is my new name, "Me-Me"......courtesy of Camille. When she wakes up in the night, she calls that out. When I got home this evening after being gone since morning, she shouted it at me.. And when I scooped her up, she hugged me so snuggy and tight.

Paul stayed here today with Ben (until he went to work), Joseph, Aaron, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, and Camille. Samuel went to a work/gathering for our friends, and I took Abigail, Mirielle, Mali, Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, and Charlotte Claire with me. We went to our church to watch a transmission of the international sisters' conference. The younger girls played outside, for most of the day. We had three delicious meals prepared by some of the older girls......homemade waffles with strawberries and whipped cream and sausage and bacon....homemade tomato soup and baked potatoes with all the fixings and salad, and a steak dinner with fresh mashed potatoes and green beans with toasted almonds. And brownies. And peanut-butter cups. And coffee. But the best part was the fellowship. It is so good to be with my friends.

We were encouraged to trust God, and not be along with the anxiety that grips the world about the economy. To be quiet, and wait on the Lord. To trust Him, listen to Him. To not suffer as a busybody in other men's affairs. One verse that really spoke to me was in 2nd Corinthians, chap. 2, verse 14 "Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place." Just think to follow Jesus, to share in His victory by overcoming sin in each and every temptation. Then peace and goodness will be ours.

I was just thinking about sitting around the table with my friends today. Between P. and A. and K. and Karen, and C. and K, and M.,, M, and I: 86 children.....nine families. wow. So you can see how much we appreciated today. We do have much to be thankful for.

It was also healing to be able to talk about Billy, as he was known by the friends at church....some hugs and some tears.....

No comments: