summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, March 28, 2009

sunny and warm....

These kids have been outside all day. Charlotte Claire and Camille are taking their naps now. Being out in the sunshine is tiring. Now they're attempting a game of LIFE. In the middle they decided to have an ice-cream/cookie break, which I am not supervising. I hear alot of laughing, and Kathryn saying, "Guys, no more..."The older girls (Besides Emily, of course, who is in Denmark this weekend, and Mirielle who is in Ottowa) went to the beach with a bunch of other girls. It is much too cold to swim in Lake Ontario, but I am sure it is good tanning weather. They probably are playing volleyball, too. The boys have a boys weekend, Aaron isn't there yet. He had the honor of being in the All-County music festival, playing drums. And oops, I totally FORGOT to go to the concert. At least my brain started up again in time for Paul to go pick him up....but I actually totally forgot to go to the concert, which I fully intended to do. I just got into my groove today, la-la-la-la-la, and oops. It was 2:00, the time it started. I told Paul we could just tell him we loved it, he would never know....poor boy. So, Paul is picking him up right now. Benjamin is working on a car out in the driveway.....and here I sit.

I got up this morning and made omelets with white onion, red and green peppers, ham, cheese, and sausage. mmm. And some plain eggs for the pickier children. I don't have morning sickness very badly yet, just a just a low-key background yucky feeling. And a craving for good food. I go out and look in the 'fridge, and just close it again. I want something good! I should have made an extra omelet.

The pork is simmering in the crockpot. I added some barbecue sauce. It still doesn't appeal to me. I took three steaks out of the freezer. Could I possibly be so wasteful as to cook steak on the grill while the crockpot is full of barbecued pork?

Well, the guy is going to ship the Bebecar stroller I bought on ebay. It was only $24.99! He is charging $25 to ship it, which is how much it would cost to drive there and back. It isn't my dream pram, I haven't found that yet, but it certainly is worth the price. I cannot wait until it gets here, so I can clean it up and play with it. I did need another one, didn't I? Let me tell you, it was lots of fun trying to explain to Paul how I came to buy another one. If you aren't pram-crazy, it is pretty hard to understand. I told him that for $24.99, I couldn't pass it up. I was so newly excited about being pregnant.....When I get it all spiffy, I'll post a picture.

We are going to paint our living room soon. Now I have to pick out a paint color. It is a blue right now, that I don't care for. With red furniture, it is hard to find a color that blends. The kitchen is a yellowy color, English Ivory. I was thinking to paint it that color in here too.

I think I am going to take a bit of a rest....but first, there are towels needing to go in the dryer.

2 comments:

AUTISMOMMA said...

Taupe gets my vote for the paint color! We have an olive green couch that gave us pains over when debating a paint color. We decided to go neutral and go with taupe and I absolutely love the results. I don't have a photo posted of the couch up against the new paint but you can check out our new paint on my blog in the post titled, "The "After"math of Our Remodel." I think this would be a beautiful color to offset your red plaid couch.

Morgan said...

I had to smile when I saw the title of your post, because it was snowing here today! It looked like 5 inches! BRRRR! Would you believe our kids were in shorts last week, and today we had on our coats as we walked through snow and sleet on the ground?!?

hmmmm... crockpot dinners. Crockpots are so helpfull! I need to learn some more recipes so we can do crockpot meals more often- expecially on Sundays when I have no desire to cook at all!